• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guardians of the Galaxy news

3,692 posts in this topic

Wow! That trailer was not what I was expecting at all, but in a good way. I REALLY am looking forward to it now.

Really?

I thought that was awful. Just awful. Everything that's bad and stupid about Marvel movies, all rolled up into one two and half minute cringe-fest. Seriously. That was terrible.

I feel it captured very well the tone of the 2008 series by Abnett and Lanning. I like most of the Marvel Studios movies. If you don't, then I can see why you would not like this trailer.

I love the Marvel studios pictures, but I didn't like most of the trailer. There were some good parts.

I'm in the middle. I also thought the music was off, and as a result, the whole tone was a bit off. But some of it looked pretty awesome. It just felt a bit disjointed, as they were trying to do the humor stuff and the kick- stuff and they didn't really blend together well for me in this trailer.

Of course, a big part of this trailer is just introducing people to the concept and the characters. I suspect it's basically laying the groundwork for a REAL trailer that will come later once people have seen this enough to know who the characters are. This trailer didn't get into the actual story at all. If Ronan, the main baddie, was in it, I didn't notice, and we only got half a second each of Collector and Nebula. So you know there's going to be a more traditional style trailer as we get closer to August - and hopefully that one is more satisfying than this one.

I'm in the middle. I also thought the music was off, and as a result, the whole tone was a bit off. But some of it looked pretty awesome. It just felt a bit disjointed, as they were trying to do the humor stuff and the kick- stuff and they didn't really blend together well for me in this trailer.

Of course, a big part of this trailer is just introducing people to the concept and the characters. I suspect it's basically laying the groundwork for a REAL trailer that will come later once people have seen this enough to know who the characters are. This trailer didn't get into the actual story at all. If Ronan, the main baddie, was in it, I didn't notice, and we only got half a second each of Collector and Nebula. So you know there's going to be a more traditional style trailer as we get closer to August - and hopefully that one is more satisfying than this one.

This pretty much sums it up for me as well. Music seemed way outta place and humor was too over the top for my taste.

The music was definitely a unique choice. I feel it might be divisive, and makes me thing of the music in the first Iron Man trailer. I thought it was a bit on the nose at the time, but that movie turned out well.

The trailer made me laugh, maybe because I was not expecting AT ALL the tone that they used. I hadn't seen the SDCC trailer, so this one was completely new to me.

Wow! That trailer was not what I was expecting at all, but in a good way. I REALLY am looking forward to it now.

Really?

I thought that was awful. Just awful. Everything that's bad and stupid about Marvel movies, all rolled up into one two and half minute cringe-fest. Seriously. That was terrible.

+1

The humor did seem a bit forced, let's hope I'm wrong on this

That was terrible, adult swim style humor and doesn't set good hopes for me. I do think the movie and characters looked good visually however, and I was very disappointed we didnt see any of Lee Pace's Ronan who I have high hopes for.

However, I am also not super familiar with this cast to know if Star Lord is actually supposed to be that irritating. If GotG fans here could direct me to what run this particular lineup of guardians (if its even based on a canon team) exists in id be very appreciative!

Drax's make up looks . Not really a fan of his new look tattoo;s or whatever they are and they translate worse on screen. Gamora looks like she belongs in an old Star Trek episode as others said The Collector's scene in Dark World felt like.

That was terrible, adult swim style humor and doesn't set good hopes for me. I do think the movie and characters looked good visually however, and I was very disappointed we didnt see any of Lee Pace's Ronan who I have high hopes for.

However, I am also not super familiar with this cast to know if Star Lord is actually supposed to be that irritating. If GotG fans here could direct me to what run this particular lineup of guardians (if its even based on a canon team) exists in id be very appreciative!

I believe it is loosely based on the 2008 series written by Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning.

http://www.mycomicshop.com/search?TID=14050261

Don't know what to think of that. On one hand the visuals seemed pretty cool especially the settings. I could tell it was a "space" story.

The attempts of humor though...I didn't laugh nor even get it, especially the headphones thing. Oh well if I don't find it funny it means the younger crowd will probably love it.

Really?

the upside is is that the movie can't possibly be worse than that trailer.