• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

He's back & he's insane! and this time he has an X-Men #1

22 posts in this topic

up until recently I'd never even heard of this show.

That's 'cause it doesnt exist according to IMDB and Jumptheshark.com. Neither does Buddy Wilson.

That's 'cause it doesnt exist according to IMDB and Jumptheshark.com. Neither does Buddy Wilson.

and that's because you fell for it hook, line and sinker. foreheadslap.gif

How does verifying the existance (or lack thereof) of a TV show I'd never heard of translate into falling for it "hook, line, and sinker?" I'd say it's just the opposite.

Where is the X-men 1? confused.gif

Did someone BIN it? confused-smiley-013.gif

Did he come down $5000 on the hat?

If he comes down another $5000 I might bid. 893scratchchin-thumb.gifcrazy.gif

I hadn't looked since it wasn't really that intriguing. I just thought it was some random weirdness that had filtered into my life. Stranger things have happened. Then I saw the link above to Metro's site. It's pretty obviously not vintage footage.

How does verifying the existance (or lack thereof) of a TV show I'd never heard of translate into falling for it "hook, line, and sinker?" I'd say it's just the opposite.

That's what Metro wants you to believe. they want you to think it's a real program. They did a lot of work to make it believable. so real that it made you search for it on various websites. You fell prey to their marketing.

Great Job Metro! thumbsup2.gif

lol I told you this all was a hoax in the last thread....but did any of you believe me?

Nope.

Once more NewtSamson is the king. flowerred.gif

It's not a hoax. Metropolis is trying to get a Tv series picked up by a network.

but did any of you believe me?

OK now - let me get this straight...WE should believe YOU??? 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

OK - so maybe you can grade books decently.

OK -so maybe you have interesting posts.

OK - so maybe I should ... confused.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gifWait a minute! Wait. Wait. I'm having a thought. Oh yes. Oh yes. I'm going to have a thought. 893scratchchin-thumb.gifIt's coming. 893scratchchin-thumb.gifIt's coming.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif It's gone. crazy.gif

You know, Newt. You mind if I call you "Newt"? My associates here would very much like to see you have a little accident. But I tell 'em, no. I'll take care of Newt myself, I tell 'em. You know why? I want you on my side!

This is awkward. This is SO awkward!

but did any of you believe me?

OK now - let me get this straight...WE should believe YOU??? 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

OK - so maybe you can grade books decently.

OK -so maybe you have interesting posts.

OK - so maybe I should ... confused.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gifWait a minute! Wait. Wait. I'm having a thought. Oh yes. Oh yes. I'm going to have a thought. 893scratchchin-thumb.gifIt's coming. 893scratchchin-thumb.gifIt's coming.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif It's gone. crazy.gif

You know, Newt. You mind if I call you "Newt"? My associates here would very much like to see you have a little accident. But I tell 'em, no. I'll take care of Newt myself, I tell 'em. You know why? I want you on my side!

This is awkward. This is SO awkward!

R O F L O L 27_laughing.gif893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gifsign-funnypost.gif

NEWT, GO HAVE A FROZEN MILKE-SHAKE 27_laughing.giftonofbricks.gif

I can't believe that no one pointed out this part:

" first appearance of the X-Men which I hear will become a major motion picture shortly. INVESTMENT! INVESTMENT! INVESTMENT! unfortunately (many years ago) someone cut out the X-Men story with a razor blade! Kids!"

So, what is it? An empty cover? 'Cause if you "cut out the X-Men story" in X-Men #1 there wouldn't be much left, right?

Okay, I forgive everyone... I was distracted as well by the whole thing about the Verizon trucks.

_douglas