• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anybody order from eGerber directly recently?

28 posts in this topic

I am going to place an order with eGerber for a decent amount of supplies, has anybody dealt with them recently? It is a little off putting that you cannot order online but they seem to be responsive and professional. I tried searching the forums with the God awful search function but did not find much. Regardless, any recent experiences and info on how long it took would be appreciated.

Thanks.

I am going to place an order with eGerber for a decent amount of supplies, has anybody dealt with them recently? It is a little off putting that you cannot order online but they seem to be responsive and professional. I tried searching the forums with the God awful search function but did not find much. Regardless, any recent experiences and info on how long it took would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Hey buddy.

I used to order from them over the phone until I met the Hotflips guys a few years ago. I never had any real issues ordering direct from Gerber with them but shipping costs were a bear.

I pick up all my Gerber stuff from Hotflips (on the boards here) now. I think they are Gerber's biggest reseller and they are also in Brooklyn or Long Island... right near you.

Thanks.

Hey buddy.

I used to order from them over the phone until I met the Hotflips guys a few years ago. I never had any real issues ordering direct from Gerber with them but shipping costs were a bear.

I pick up all my Gerber stuff from Hotflips (on the boards here) now. I think they are Gerber's biggest reseller and they are also in Brooklyn or Long Island... right near you.

Hey Dre , thanks for the info. I used Hotflips before ( actually for over over 20 years and they are nice guys ) and did reach out them a week ago for quantity pricing but was told the prices were on their website and maybe they could save me a $1 a pack but would have to add tax. Not that the quantities were huge but they would decent enough and Gerber was significantly less expensive, even with shipping ( 20% on average.)

Thanks.

Hey buddy.

Hey Dre , thanks for the info. I used Hotflips before ( actually for over over 20 years and they are nice guys ) and did reach out them a week ago for quantity pricing but was told the prices were on their website and maybe they could save me a $1 a pack but would have to add tax. Not that the quantities were huge but they would decent enough and Gerber was significantly less expensive, even with shipping ( 20% on average.)

Forgot about tax.

We are in farmingdale ny. Give mea PM

I know, I picked up an order from you in Farmingdale and I did PM you. I would have loved to continue being your customer but the prices had jumped up quite a bit from the last time I bought from you ( of course that was a special sale) and directly from eGerber is 20%+ less for what I am looking for ( even with shipping and especially when you add in tax.) If something has changed, give me a PM.

Thanks.

I ordered 1K FBs and 1K Mylite2's this year. It was great. I just write out the order and fax it to them.

I'm curious if anyone has ordered any of the new acid free boxes? I was thinking of putting in another order for those.

I know, I picked up an order from you in Farmingdale and I did PM you. I would have loved to continue being your customer but the prices had jumped up quite a bit from the last time I bought from you ( of course that was a special sale) and directly from eGerber is 20%+ less for what I am looking for ( even with shipping and especially when you add in tax.) If something has changed, give me a

Ok.

Thanks.

I ordered 1K FBs and 1K Mylite2's this year. It was great. I just write out the order and fax it to them.

I'm curious if anyone has ordered any of the new acid free boxes? I was thinking of putting in another order for those.

Go for it. It'll change your life.

Thanks.

Go for it. It'll change your life.
Gerber has always been good for me. :shrug:

I know, I picked up an order from you in Farmingdale and I did PM you. I would have loved to continue being your customer but the prices had jumped up quite a bit from the last time I bought from you ( of course that was a special sale) and directly from eGerber is 20%+ less for what I am looking for ( even with shipping and especially when you add in tax.) If something has changed, give me a PM.

You must be a retailer then if you get the 20% off. Where is your store in long island?? I thought only stores got that discount. I could be wrong because I haven't checked that out in a while. I'll call Gerber tomorrow.

What discount? I am not a retailer, these are the prices that are listed on their website for everyone and have been for quite a while.

i wish they'd to online ordering. ive heard they are swamped as it is, imagine if they had online ordering?

Everyone's afraid of the phone these days. Luckily, I still have access to fax machines :lol:

Maybe they're swamped, but it has never been more than a week from order to receiving, and I'm on the opposite coast.

You must be a retailer then if you get the 20% off. Where is your store in long island?? I thought only stores got that discount. I could be wrong because I haven't checked that out in a while. I'll call Gerber tomorrow.

What discount? I am not a retailer, these are the prices that are listed on their website for everyone and have been for quite a while.

I think retailers get an additional 20% off the prices listed on the gerber website. So whatever you are seeing in their bulk discounts (200 pieces or 1000 pieces Mylites), retailers get an additional 20% off that.

E. Gerber! (thumbs u

I've bought from them 2x and had great professional experiences with them both times. I'm planning a 3rd purchase soon to buy some CGC boxes. The first time I even heard about them was on here and from Google searches to blogs (note: Google searches will lead to threads on these boards quicker than the board search)

After reading good reviews and the details of

1. No online orders - phone only

2. older lady hard of hearing over the phone with factory noise in the background is normal so be sure you know exactly what you want to order before placing an order and speak clearly

3. If you have questions, call first and get answers then hang up and be sure you know exactly what you really want to order: Quantity, Sizes, discount for large order amount and shipping before calling again and rattling off everything.

4. She'll repeat the order for confirmation, take your credit card number, give you an order # and then you wait a 2 weeks and then it is at your door.

5. It's best to order large quantities as you get the best price on bulk discounts and you save on shipping.

6. For large orders, expect a longer delivery time as they make them by demand.

I decided to place a test order. I placed a small $100 order of 200 Standard Mylite 2+ (725M2 7 1/4 x 10 1/2) and 200 Full Backs (700FB 7 x 10 1/2)- fits 725. I experienced all of 1-4 above and was very satisfied with the experience. Not to mention the bags and boards make even my raws look great!

Then I ran out and decided a really BIG order was needed especially as it will save me on the discount. So I experienced 5-6. Luckily I found out they were located not to far from me in Maryland and looked them up and decided I could save on shipping and just request a local pickup which they do. I ordered 1000 of the Standard Mylite2 and Full Backs + 100 Mylite 4 Silver Age and 100 Silver Age Full Backs and they explained it would take 3 weeks. I requested local pickup and they agreed but had to be during specific business hours and appointment which I scheduled. She also warned it's easy to miss as it's in a warehouse lot and the address easily gets confused with another location.

On the day of the appointment I drove up in my BMW 3 series (to explain what size car this size order can fit in - 5x 1'x1.5'x1' boxes) and totally understood what she meant. It's a warehouse lot with other shipping businesses and small sign. so after driving around for a couple minutes I finally found it. turns out I was early and the door was closed but a lady came from the back and opened it.

When she did I could hear the sound of cutting and machinery and saw the factory through the back door of the small front office where she likely sits taking all the orders. So it is pretty much a dedicated factory and direct buy shop.

Thanks.

I actually emailed them for a shipping quote and George replied back right away. I did look at Hotflips site but I they didn't have Mylite+ listed. I am just waiting until after Easter to place the order. I can let you know how it goes. If anyone has an comments on Mylite+ let me know. I just wanted to use them for some cheap but loved modern comics.

I buy from gerber because their prices are the lowest. My most recent order was about a month ago. Yeah, I wish you could order online, but lacking that I just call them up and place the order, and never had a problem.

I've ordered from E. Gerber 4 times now (the last of which was one month ago). Each time the order has been for 1,000 Mylites 2 (Silver Age Size) and 1,000 Full back (Silver Age size).

I have to order more bags and boards in the next two weeks, and once again I will go E.Gerber.

I have never had any issues at all with ordering or receiving product from them. When I order I typically get the stuff within a week or so.