• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Women In Love CGC 8.0 OW-W, scarce Ziff ONE SHOT CLOSED

6 posts in this topic

First :takeit: takes it. PM offers are fine. Paypal, checks & mo's (need to clear). No charge for domestic shipping (double box); at cost to Canada (approx $50, includes priority, insured, return receipt, declared value) and elsewhere (as long as can be signed for). No probies and HOS.

Women In Love 8.0 OW-W ONE SHOT

OSPG $371 Asking $650 $600

Final price reduction - $100 off last recorded price from 6 months ago - this weekend $550 :news:

Ziff-Davis, 1952. Ziff tried to get a piece of the 25 cent giant action with this big 100 pager, the last romance issue the company released before St. John took over the Ziff-Davis love franchise. Women in Love includes only two interior pages of advertising and contains a full dozen short stories, including the last two infamous offbeat tales.

At 8.0, this copy is tied for 2nd highest grade with one other, behind a 9.0. The other 8.0 sold in Nov, 2012 on Heritage for $657. This book is listed as "scarce" in the Guide, and for high grade romance collectors, believe me that is true. I had to wait 15 years to get this one.

Painted cover drawn and signed by Victor Olson (1924-2007), a celebrated artist, illustrator and graphic designer. He illustrated for many national magazines and created covers for paperback publications and magazine stories for such publishers as Doubleday, Avon Books, MacFadden Books, Bantam, and Monarch.

Contents include:

Why Should We Wait?

The Witching Hour

Customer's Girl

Captive of Love

Cop's Wife

I Fell for a Killer (Infantino pencils)

My Rival Was a Ghost

Heartbreak Sonata

Golden Wedding

Secret Kisses

I Was a Greenwich Village Character

Ricardo Montalban's Treasured Dream (allegedly a true story, with pencils/inks by Kinstler)

womeninlovefc100_zps4e473fed.jpg

womeninlovebc100_zps33db7549.jpg

This!

:news: FINAL PRICE REDUCTION - $100 TAKEN OFF STARTING PRICE

What a great book! How is this still here at such a giveaway price?

THIS! thisthisthisthis

If only there were more true Renaissance (comic) Men such as yourself Michael, who can appreciate the beauty of all God's genres! Maybe it's your Euro-centric sophistication...

In all fairness though you'd have to know romance to know that this Ziff doesn't come around often.