• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Changes to Ebay. They are a coming!

60 posts in this topic

Here is one for you -

I don't know this off hand but do the "recommended" picture parameters aligned with the capabilities for the smart phones that eBay designs their apps for? My app says selling is one two three using the official eBay app?

Well, if they recommend more than 1600 pixels in width and height, that's only about 2.5 megapixels. Most new phones seem to have 8-13 MP.

Funny I just read about the Ebay CEO making over $29.3 million last year . Like 900,000 in salary and the rest in stock. Should have known that wasnt enough money for him . Bet its closer to 50 million next year .

They ought to work for the oil/gas companies... Exxon made excessive BILLIONS in profit that one year, gasoline was still over $4 a gallon.

:facepalm:

-slym

$4 a gallon?

Jebus man - its $1.55 a litre here..............

What are the odds Paypal raises their cut from 2.9%, to say, 3.9% before the year is over?

I don't know about the exact percentage, but I would say it's almost a given that Paypal will raise their rates soon.

From the Q&A section of this announcement

Will this affect the fees I pay to PayPal?

There are no changes to PayPal fees at this time

eBay can think of more ways to screw you than a cheap hooker.

I'm not sure I want to sell raw moderns anymore. These rising fees may not make the juice worth the squeeze.

What's the difference going to be between raw / slabbed moderns fee-wise? (shrug)

If you don't sell on eBay and only sell on clink or cconnect, you won't be selling raw moderns. But you will likely sell popular modern slabs on those sites.

As bad as Ebay is, there is no reason to never sell raw moderns there. Use their rules/fees/promos to your own advantage. You have nothing to lose that way. Price your items according to their fee structure (so you get the amount you want after all fees), use free listings promos, and you have nothing to lose if your items don't sell. Occasionally, they do. I got some nice prices on raw moderns. Especially in Nov/Dec when many women purchased my stuff as Christmas gifts for their boyfriends, kids and grandchildren.

Example

Example2

Example3

Photo requirements already affecting search placement.......

An Ebay rep on the 2013 Spring Seller Update board said the following about the new photo requirements...

"Hi Richn49,

Your comments reflect what the majority of buyers have told us. Buyers want to see great photos of the actual item for sale, without additions to the picture that detract from the image itself. Buyers also like it when there are 2 or more photos of the item. And this just isn't buyers saying what they want; they are putting their money where their mouth is. Items that comply with the picture standards (on average) convert more often, have higher sales prices, and receive better feedback and DSRs than those that do not. Sellers also should know that buying on mobile devices is growing quickly; these standards optimize your gallery pictures for mobile devices. It’s good for the buyers and good for sellers.

Yes it will take work by the seller to bring all their pictures into compliance. With announcing the guidelines last year and setting the enforcement date where listings could be blocked or removed to July 1st, we are giving sellers time to work on their pictures. But don't wait until July, these picture standards also help with search ranking, and ensure you are optimized for features like 'The Feed' and 'Popular on eBay'.

In a few cases the listing isn't something that you can photograph yourself (like a vacation package), in these cases you can use a non-copyrighted generic picture.

-Alex"

As bad as Ebay is, there is no reason to never sell raw moderns there. Use their rules/fees/promos to your own advantage. You have nothing to lose that way. Price your items according to their fee structure (so you get the amount you want after all fees), use free listings promos, and you have nothing to lose if your items don't sell. Occasionally, they do. I got some nice prices on raw moderns. Especially in Nov/Dec when many women purchased my stuff as Christmas gifts for their boyfriends, kids and grandchildren.

Great post! I understand the concerns of many who have posted on this thread. Heck, I have concerns myself too as I list maybe 10-30 items a month, but I agree with you that for those of us who do not depend on Ebay for a majority of our living, we can just take the new fee structure into consideration and price our items accordingly. That does mean some prices will go up, but it doesn't have to be by much. I figure if I price my items 5% higher I'll be ahead of the game. I may lose a few sales this way, but I do have other options around the internet.

Ebay - take it or leave it!

I will never abandon Ebay completely as it does me way more good than harm, but I will not depend on this site for all of my sales.

North 7th of course. Best place to get people walking to or from the subway.

I have better things to do than stand around on the street all day. I don't know how they do it.

WILLIAMSBURG? You hipster, you...

:lol:

Say, did you ever go down to the Brooklyn Flea? Maybe I served you a fish taco and never knew it.

Man, that last line sounds horrible... :whistle:

-slym

No Brooklyn Flea for me, however I did just spend the majority of my evening at San Loco...

Wow... I thought everyone in W'burg went to the Flea on the weekend. When it warms up, head down N. 7th towards the river and sample some excellent food. It is all food (Smorgasburg) on Saturday and the Flea on Sunday, and definitely look for Chonchos Tacos! If you see a tiny cute blonde lady running that booth, tell her "Neil says hi" and freak her the hell out.

:lol:

-slym

yet they still don't allow sellers to leave negative feedback which disgusts me.

if anything they should allow those with ebay store subscriptions.

i have absolutely no clue how this will effect their EPS I'm just glad I got on board back in September of 2009 when $28 PS.

This is the ONE feature that irks me more than any other feature. I want to slam those pinhead Buyer scammers out there, but eBay protects them. Why? The pinheads are generating FVF monies. What a reason to allow bad Buyers who shoudl not even to be allowed on a keyboard.

CAL who wants to rid the world of scum per Darwinism...

Can someone explain to me what the changes mean?

I read it but its not making a lot of sense.

:foryou:

Listing fees going down - sort of .

Stores fees going up - sort of .

Final Value fees going up - substantially for higher dollar items .

You can file non paying bidder after two days of non payment .

Ebay is going to make all Buy it Nows require immediate payment .