• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SOLD - no more X-slabs

43 posts in this topic

That's a tough one. I would say first posted I'll take it should get it.

You should have the rules of the sale clearly stated in your initial post.

Unfortunately you don't have any clarification of what happens based on PM :takeit: vs. thread :takeit:

Since you don't have any way to determine order, I would have to say the PM gets it since it was first, assuming it was an unconditional :takeit: and they weren't asking for anything altered.

If they asked for free shipping, a price reduction or peace in the Middle East, it goes to Frank.

My 2c

In all honesty, the reason this is even a dilemma is the person who PMd me lives close by and I wouldn't have to ship it at all.

I am really sorry everyone, I should have said something about PMs v/s public messages - something I have learned and will make sure to do from now on.

Now, I still have to figure this out.

-slym

Looking around, I don't see any rules on this, but also looking at the boardie that PMd me, they seem to be OK with it.

I think I will have to go with frankbears, as I don't want any negative feelings towards any of my sales threads - and from now on, I will definitely state in my sales threads here whether or not a PM trumps a public "I'll take it" or not.

It seems safe to say that a public message should take precedent over a PM since no one can cry foul if everyone can see it.

So sorry, all - I am all apologies.

-slym

That is usually how it works.

I always state that PMs take precedence over :takeit: in my sales threads. One of the reasons I'm a jerk, I suppose.

That is usually how it works.

I always state that PMs take precedence over :takeit: in my sales threads. One of the reasons I'm a jerk, I suppose.

IMHO, public :takeit: s should take precedence. That is what I am going with now, and what I will stick with in the future.

oh man, I screwed up.......

-slym

now that you sold your last x-men are we not going to see you again

for another 3 years???

:kidaround:

Those are just my slabs - I have a ton of raw X-Men that I need to scan before putting up FS.

Now I am wondering if I haven't damaged my rep here with one stupid mistake...

:facepalm:

-slym

for another 3 years???

Those are just my slabs - I have a ton of raw X-Men that I need to scan before putting up FS.

-slym

you worry too much!

:insane:

for another 3 years???

-slym

No big deal. It was an honest mistake. I would buy from you (thumbs u

for another 3 years???

-slym

Don't take what I say too seriously. I do think you made the incorrect decision but there are others who will disagree. I do not think you've damaged your reputation either...

I think the ultimate solution in future sales threads is to have clearly defined rules that cannot be misread. So you'll have to decide if a thread "take it" trumps all or a PM "take it" will also be accepted as a positive affirmation as well...

So you've got some things to think about. Maybe a :takeit: in the thread trumps all. Many buyers will negotiate in PM and then post ":takeit: via PM" to make it official. However, an unconditional :takeit: within a PM should trump a thread :takeit: all things equal. I assure you Frank would have no hard feelings if you told him someone beat him to the punch with an unconditional acceptance via PM.

The old saying goes....fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.

Live and learn... you'll do fine!! (thumbs u