• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Media Mail

23 posts in this topic

Another thing to remember (and it's been said here many, many times over the past few years) is that ANY package sent via Media Mail--whether you print the postage yourself at home or take it to a postal counter--is subject to inspection en route. So if you get it past your local clerk, don't be surprised if somebody else along the delivery chain rips it open and rifles through it. It can and does happen!

I don't use Media Mail at all anymore, for anything. But if I did, I sure as hell wouldn't put anything of value in a Media Mail package, and certainly not higher grade books. It's just asking for trouble...

True story.

IMG_0081.gif

Obviously it was Uncle Sam himself that inspected that package given the amount of anger you can see in that writing. You took the money right out of his pocket!! lol

No, they took the money right out of my pocket. Your pocket too.

media mail is slow, yes, and i feel like the tracking info is more prone to be delayed

but, cross my fingers, I have never had a package inspected and I suspect I have probably shipped and received over 500

i suspect that being in nyc, the post offices are too busy to bother, but what about when my package hits topeka?

but i would never do it on a single comic (or two) where first class is only going to be about $3 anyway

as for classics illustrated or "the world of electricity", they may be allowed by media if they don't have advertisements