• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which actor was perfect in their roll in a superhero movie?

270 posts in this topic

I'd put Doug Jones near the top for Abe Sapien (and honorable mention for his Pan's Labyrinth work). Damn near steals the show from Ron Perlman's perfection as Hellboy. That's sayin' ALOT.

Beside Perlman and Jones, RDJ is Tony Stark/Iron Man.

But...overall I'd go with the main cast of the Bruce Timm DCAU.

Kevin Conroy, Tim Daly ,Clancy Brown, Dana Delany ,Michael Ironside and on and on. I can't read a DC Comic without hearing their voices. Casting perfection. :cloud9:

Hellboy2a.JPG

I'd put Doug Jones near the top for Abe Sapien (and honorable mention for his Pan's Labyrinth work). Damn near steals the show from Ron Perlman's perfection as Hellboy. That's sayin' ALOT.

Beside Perlman and Jones, RDJ is Tony Stark/Iron Man.

But...overall I'd go with the main cast of the Bruce Timm/DCAU.

Kevin Conroy, Tim Daly ,Clancy Brown, Dana Delany ,Michael Ironside and on and on. I can't read a DC Comic without hearing their voices. Casting perfection. :cloud9:

Hellboy2a.JPG

do we know why Niles didn't do the voice in the 2nd film?

How can he look like Wolverine if he is a FOOT TALLER? Heck, why not Dustin Hoffman as Colossus? He sure is a good actor and he has fair skin and dark hair...

hm

-slym

It's not just the height, he's too pretty to be Wolverine. That's why he's the emo, Twilight version.

Shush, you... (and that is also kinda what I meant about comparing him to Jacob)

:devil:

-slym

I'm waiting for the usual suspects to come along and tell me to shut up and just be thankful they're even making these movies...or the ones who think I want these movies to be verbatim to the comics :eyeroll:

How can he look like Wolverine if he is a FOOT TALLER? Heck, why not Dustin Hoffman as Colossus? He sure is a good actor and he has fair skin and dark hair...

hm

-slym

It's not just the height, he's too pretty to be Wolverine. That's why he's the emo, Twilight version.

you've been quiet lately. on your best behavior?

hm

-slym

you've been quiet lately. on your best behavior?

???

I honestly don't understand why Ledger's Joker gets so much love. Does he look like any version of the character up to that point...does he act like any version of the character up to that point? (shrug)

I honestly don't understand why Ledger's Joker gets so much love. Does he look like any version of the character up to that point...does he act like any version of the character up to that point? (shrug)
I agree about Ledger. i wasn't all that impressed.

"He made it his own."

-slym ( :whistle: )

To me, that's akin to an artist taking over a comic book and immediately changing the costume because he wants to put his own stamp on it.

I agree about Ledger. i wasn't all that impressed.

To be fair, I thought he did a good job playing a villain, it just wasn't the Joker.

Best screen performance of the Joker IMHO is Mark Hammil.

Is this just for Superheroes only? Because My vote would go for the whole cast of Sin City. (worship)

Superhero is in the title sir... :baiting:

I tried. (shrug)

I loved Sin City too :foryou:

I'm really surprised no one has said Renner as Hawkeye! :roflmao:

The only role that guy was tailor-made for is an IRS accountant, airport PA announcer or bathroom valet. His acting is so patently boring and wooden, I can't even believe that he gets work. I'd wager Logan510 likes his acting, though. :baiting:

MemeCenter_1363813978559_948_zps2cf4b1fd.jpg

jeremy-renner-is-grumpy-cat_zps54bb30e0.jpg

Ok, i'm busted! My previous post was all just an elaborate ruse to weasel in yet another grumpy cat pic :blush:

Funny story. I live in Modesto, California where Mr. Renner grew up and went to high school. My wife was working in the mall two Christmas seasons ago and 'Stone Face Renner' walked in with a friend. She said he was polite, but wears that same mug in real life.

This was before the Avengers movie so she only knew him as that guy that played Jeffrey Dahmer.