• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which actor was perfect in their roll in a superhero movie?

270 posts in this topic

But if I apply the now-termed "Logan510 Factor" to actors playing comic characters, who comes across more as Sabertooth.

I think the "Logan510 Factor" means that no comic book movies are ever made and you need to smash your television set with a hammer, devoting your life to book reading only.

:jokealert:

There's always a little truth in jokes :(

If anyone knows how to do a poll or wants too, here's a list gathered mostly from this thread. Feel free to add.

Christopher Reeves - Clark Kent/Superman

Downey Jr. - Tony Stark/Iron Man

J.K. Simmons - JJJ

Alfred Molina - Doc Ock

Patrick Stewart - Prof. X

Hally Berry - Storm

Arnold Schwarzenegger - Conan

Charles Middleton - Ming

Ron Perlman - Hellboy

Jim Carry - Mask

Clayton Moore - Lone Ranger

Jay Silverheals - Tonto

Johnny Weissmuller - Tarzan

Bill Campbell - Rocketeer

Chris Evans - Human Torch

Buster Crabbe - Flash Gordon

Ian McKellen - Magneto

Heath Ledger - Joker

Jack Nicholson - Joker

Terrence Stamp - Zod

Jackman - Wolverine

Karl Urban - Judge Dredd

Stallon - Judge Dredd

Alec Baldwin - Shadow

Ed Norton - Bruce Banner/Hulk

Michael Fassbender - Magneto

Dominic West - Jigsaw

Rosemary Harris - Aunt May

Christain Bale - Batman

Colin Farrel - Bullseye

Gary Oldman - James Gordon

Jim Carry - Riddler

Danny DaVeto - Penguin

Thomas James - Punisher

Ray Stevenson - Punisher

SLJ - Nick Fury

Hardy - Bane

Arnold Schwarzenegger - Mister Freeze

Napier - Alfred

Gough - Alfred

Caine - Alfred

? - Loki

George reeves - Superman

Toby McGuire - Peter Parker/Spider-Man

Nick Cage - Ghost Rider

But if I apply the now-termed "Logan510 Factor" to actors playing comic characters, who comes across more as Sabertooth.

I think the "Logan510 Factor" means that no comic book movies are ever made and you need to smash your television set with a hammer, devoting your life to book reading only.

:D

Hoping the opening prologue to Dredd will convince some on here who haven't seen it yet to watch the film and see how perfectly Urban captures Dredd's persona.

(worship)

Yes, but it's a funny truth :foryou:

I can only accept so many flowers from you before my wife thinks there's something going on between us :blush:

Hoping the opening prologue to Dredd will convince some on here who haven't seen it yet to watch the film and see how perfectly Urban captures Dredd's persona.

(worship)

I'm going to be honest here. I found the movie to be mostly boring. I like Urban as an actor but I only thought his Dredd was passable at best. I was really looking forward to watching the movie too.

I can only accept so many flowers from you before my wife thinks there's something going on between us :blush:

I don't want to mess with her, she's a bounty hunter.

I don't want to mess with her, she's a bounty hunter.

photo_zps15c808a0.jpg

:luhv:

Billy Zane?

hZseR1J.jpg

I'm a bit surprised to read a few people saying Ledger wasn't a good Joker - I thought he was AMAZING.

Don't get me wrong - I love the 89 Jack Joker... but so many historical representations have been more "comical" in their presentation.. whereas Ledger's was a really dark, disturbed representation, that still had moments of comedy genius - like making the pencil disappear.

I wondered if Snyder had drawn inspiration from this portrayal for his Joker character in the DoTF arc.

Sure Mark Hammill as a voice actor did a good job etc.. but as an actual joker - Ledger for me.

Also agree with a lot of the others in here... predominantly Downey Jr as Stark. It's like he was born for that role.

Billy Zane?

hZseR1J.jpg

I'm a bit surprised to read a few people saying Ledger wasn't a good Joker - I thought he was AMAZING.

Don't get me wrong - I love the 89 Jack Joker... but so many historical representations have been more "comical" in their presentation.. whereas Ledger's was a really dark, disturbed representation, that still had moments of comedy genius - like making the pencil disappear.

I wondered if Snyder had drawn inspiration from this portrayal for his Joker character in the DoTF arc.

Sure Mark Hammill as a voice actor did a good job etc.. but as an actual joker - Ledger for me.

Also agree with a lot of the others in here... predominantly Downey Jr as Stark. It's like he was born for that role.

I know I'm beating a dead horse when I say this, but the pencil "trick" is pretty dumb and definitely does not hold up upon repeat viewings.

I'm beginning to think none of you have really watched anything but comic movies if you really believe that Ledger as the Joker was so "dark" and "disturbed". :screwy:

I know I'm beating a dead horse when I say this, but the pencil "trick" is pretty dumb and definitely does not hold up upon repeat viewings.

I'm beginning to think none of you have really watched anything but comic movies if you really believe that Ledger as the Joker was so "dark" and "disturbed". :screwy:

(shrug) I was comparing Jokers to Jokers. If you want to compare comic book movie adaptations to a completely different genre of film, such as a horror, in a "superhero movie" thread - it kind of defeats the whole purpose of the thread.. but, hey, knock yourself out.