• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

First slabbed purchase

10 posts in this topic

Or so cheap its almost a freebie.

Purchased my first already slabbed book. I was surfing Ebay looking for anything that was relatively cheap and found this ASM 259. Found this with 1 bid at around 9 bucks. The shipping was 15 though. I bid 10.50 and kept on looking. Couple hours later I actually won this. The off white to white is a little annoying but for this cheap, who cares. After reading some other journals I've checked out wwcomics.com. That site just has me drooling all over the place. Can't wait to actually get some things from them.

13285.JPG

See more journals by meshuggah

If this is truly your first stabbed purchase then let me be the first to say,be warned! Once you get a taste of the high grade collectibles in this hobby, you will never look back!

I was hooked from the get-go! My first stabbed purchase was the only Gem Mint 10 copy of New Mutants #1 in existence at the time! Now there is one other copy but it got me hooked right off the bat!

Good luck with your addiction!

And please if you ever see that second one go up for sale. I do agree with BagoFleas, this hobby is addicting. My recommendation is find a set you love, and go to town, the New Mutants maybe.

Tnerb

Also remember that it costs over $15 just to get a modern comic graded/slabbed...not including the time and the shipping charge. You got a steal buddy. Welcome to the addiction. Hey, at least it's not dangerous to your health :) Some may disagree with my last statement!!!

Great investment (that word helps us justify our spending!)! You did get a great deal there for sure, and wwcomics does have a great selection. Looking forward to watching your collection grow.

I definitely do look at it as an investment. I have no delusions of being rich or anything. But just like my sports memoribilia and baseball cards. My slabs and comics will eventually sell for more than I paid for them. Thanks for the support from everyone.

I can't wait to post my new signature series books whenever they get in. I have 1 with Desert Wind for a Stan sig and just sent 1 to NY Comics for the masters signing.

I wish I would have known how addicting collecting slabs were before I purchased one, a little over a year ago. I currently own 78 slabs, mostly 1st appearances in ASM v1.....

Ouch.... I have a burning pain in my left back pocket. Back to Pedigree Comics.