• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ROUND 1 : Contest

82 posts in this topic

Here we go. Round 1 will end on the 24th around 1:00 PM, EST.

Old blue lable, Off-White pages.

Good Luck, PM with any questions that are unclear in the scan.

r1.jpg

r1a.jpg

osborn_france 9.0

xsmanx 9.2

beaumonts 9.4

redhook 9.2

jimm94 9.2

Arty 9.2

DiceX 9.4

fantasyfootballbo 9.2

BILL43 9.4

sfilosa 9.2

Aces 9.2

THE_BEYONDER 9.4

sterlingcomics 9.2

comicmankev 9.2

drbanner 9.4

DARTHDIESEL 9.4

AlexH 9.0

Teams final guesses.

SCORES AFTER ROUND 1

osborn_france -----0.5

xsmanx -----1

beaumonts -----0.5

redhook -----1

jimm94 -----1

Arty -----1

DiceX -----0.5

fantasyfootballbono -----1

BILL43 -----0.5

sfilosa -----1

Aces -----1

THE_BEYONDER -----0.5

sterlingcomics -----1

comicmankev -----1

drbanner -----0.5

DARTHDIESEL -----0.5

AlexH -----0.5

Okay I was asked if I could get graders notes on the books for the contest.

This was pre-graded at a 9.0, final grade was a 9.2.

Graders notes were :

a]"light creasing left edge back cover, does not break color

b]tiny dents top front cover, does not break color,

c]light wear right edge, does not break color.

Graders notes were :

Geez, no mention of the bump at the top left corner or the spine stress line (the two defects that made us go with a 9.2).

So do the graders notes only state those defects that might not been seen once the book is slabbed? confused.gif

Graders notes were :

Geez, no mention of the bump at the top left corner or the spine stress line (the two defects that made us go with a 9.2).

So do the graders notes only state those defects that might not been seen once the book is slabbed? confused.gif

You got me confused-smiley-013.gif

From MK, this is the most entertaining one i got, even if it was serious and i am glad he is ok.

Crapola. Team The_Beyonder is a mess right now! He has apparently authorized me to submit our score since he wasn't going to be here (he PMed but we haven't discussed this), but now I can't be here because we've got tornadoes on their way and I have to go take cover. What does all this mean to you? Hell, I don't even know what all this means to ME! 893frustrated.gif

Nobody's even told me what our official team grade was!!! confused-smiley-013.gif

Regardless, I'm heading to the basement, and the internet will probably be going out in the next twenty minutes or so ( 893crossfingers-thumb.gif ), so I'm saying that our grade is a 9.4...

Gotta run!!!! 893frustrated.gif

From MK, this is the most entertaining one i got, even if it was serious and i am glad he is ok.

Crapola. Team The_Beyonder is a mess right now! He has apparently authorized me to submit our score since he wasn't going to be here (he PMed but we haven't discussed this), but now I can't be here because we've got tornadoes on their way and I have to go take cover. What does all this mean to you? Hell, I don't even know what all this means to ME! 893frustrated.gif

Nobody's even told me what our official team grade was!!! confused-smiley-013.gif

Regardless, I'm heading to the basement, and the internet will probably be going out in the next twenty minutes or so ( 893crossfingers-thumb.gif ), so I'm saying that our grade is a 9.4...

Gotta run!!!! 893frustrated.gif

foreheadslap.gifI told him to contact Chrisco to get his grade, and if I wasn't around for the deadline...to PM nikos with a grade. I figured he'd go 9.2.....but under the circumstances....we'll gladly take the .5 acclaim.gif