• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ROUND 1 : Contest

82 posts in this topic

From MK, this is the most entertaining one i got, even if it was serious and i am glad he is ok.

Crapola. Team The_Beyonder is a mess right now! He has apparently authorized me to submit our score since he wasn't going to be here (he PMed but we haven't discussed this), but now I can't be here because we've got tornadoes on their way and I have to go take cover. What does all this mean to you? Hell, I don't even know what all this means to ME! 893frustrated.gif

Nobody's even told me what our official team grade was!!! confused-smiley-013.gif

Regardless, I'm heading to the basement, and the internet will probably be going out in the next twenty minutes or so ( 893crossfingers-thumb.gif ), so I'm saying that our grade is a 9.4...

Gotta run!!!! 893frustrated.gif

foreheadslap.gifI told him to contact Chrisco to get his grade, and if I wasn't around for the deadline...to PM nikos with a grade. I figured he'd go 9.2.....but under the circumstances....we'll gladly take the .5 acclaim.gif

Team The_Beyonder is in shambles!!!

(And honestly, I think the one I wrote to Nikos was MUCH more amusing.) insane.gif

Team "The_Beyonder"....AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Well, that was your first mistake. 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

I'm betting that your team disbands by the 3rd round. devil.gif

THIRD round?!?!

THIRD!??!?!

Hell, I quit right now!

You can't quit....because

YOU'RE FIRED!!!!

hi.gif

Team "The_Beyonder"....AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Well, that was your first mistake. 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

THIRD round?!?!

THIRD!??!?!

Hell, I quit right now!

YOU'RE FIRED!!!!

hi.gif

You can't fire him....because

YOU'RE DISQUALIFIED!!!

flamed.gif

THIRD round?!?!

THIRD!??!?!

Hell, I quit right now!

YOU'RE FIRED!!!!

hi.gif

You can't fire him....because

YOU'RE DISQUALIFIED!!!

flamed.gif

Excellent. My work here is done. :::beams up::: devil.gif

From MK, this is the most entertaining one i got, even if it was serious and i am glad he is ok.

Crapola. Team The_Beyonder is a mess right now! He has apparently authorized me to submit our score since he wasn't going to be here (he PMed but we haven't discussed this), but now I can't be here because we've got tornadoes on their way and I have to go take cover. What does all this mean to you? Hell, I don't even know what all this means to ME! 893frustrated.gif

Nobody's even told me what our official team grade was!!! confused-smiley-013.gif

Regardless, I'm heading to the basement, and the internet will probably be going out in the next twenty minutes or so ( 893crossfingers-thumb.gif ), so I'm saying that our grade is a 9.4...

foreheadslap.gifI told him to contact Chrisco to get his grade, and if I wasn't around for the deadline...to PM nikos with a grade. I figured he'd go 9.2.....but under the circumstances....we'll gladly take the .5 acclaim.gif

(And honestly, I think the one I wrote to Nikos was MUCH more amusing.) insane.gif

One down.... 15 to go. devil.gif

A Tornado!? You OK? confused.gif

So it was a 9.2... even though we got it right... I feel I need to protest the grade as I am Canadian... and when CGC says it still is 9.2... I'm going to appeal a few more times...

Nikos, I have NO idea what the hell is happening here.

Beyonder sent me a message saying that "in the event" that he is not here to submit our grade, that I was to do it for him... but he didn't tell me what "we decided" the grade was, nor did he tell me when the deadline is! On top of THAT, he told me to send the grade to YOU but now I see that you said earlier today to send them to UV!??!?!

Now we've got tornadoes out here (in Kansas, imagine!), and I have to go take cover!

I'm just going to cover all the bases here and say that it's a 9.4

(I'll send the same thing to UV.)

So it was a 9.2... even though we got it right... I feel I need to protest the grade as I am Canadian... and when CGC says it still is 9.2... I'm going to appeal a few more times...

Eddly, as your team captain, I need to give you a little advice.......

STFU!

No one is blaming Canada.......at least until the fourth or fifth round! 27_laughing.gif

Eddly, as your team captain, I need to give you a little advice.......

STFU!

No one is blaming Canada.......at least until the fourth or fifth round! 27_laughing.gif

sorry.gif

Beyonder sent me a message saying that "in the event" that he is not here to submit our grade, that I was to do it for him... but he didn't tell me what "we decided" the grade was, nor did he tell me when the deadline is! On top of THAT, he told me to send the grade to YOU but now I see that you said earlier today to send them to UV!??!?!

Now we've got tornadoes out here (in Kansas, imagine!), and I have to go take cover!

From now on....MK is to be ignored unless I notify you first. sumo.gif

I thought that was a standing rule for the forums. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I thought that was a standing rule for the forums. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

It's so funny because it's true!!! 27_laughing.gif893whatthe.gifsorry.gif

Okay I was asked if I could get graders notes on the books for the contest.

This was pre-graded at a 9.0, final grade was a 9.2.

Graders notes were :

a]"light creasing left edge back cover, does not break color

b]tiny dents top front cover, does not break color,

c]light wear right edge, does not break color.

Ouch, I didn't see any non-color breaking creasing on the left edge back cover. Of course, the left edge is white, so how could it be color breaking?? 27_laughing.gif893frustrated.gif27_laughing.gif893frustrated.gifsumo.gifsumo.gif

One down.... 15 to go. devil.gif

A Tornado!? You OK? confused.gif

So...................................................

Are you 893censored-thumb.gifing OK there MK? sumo.gif