• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Walking Dead 109...

131 posts in this topic

Me too!! My order of 10 got cut to 6. Funny since that store had a stack on the shelf for $10 each.

Not surprising really. Stores can create a false impression of how rare a comic is by raising the price. Look at the ones on eBay that are marked up to at least $9.99 each. If people will buy it there and pay for shipping, why not pay it at a local store? I completely disagree with this practice, I feel it is extremely greedy. However, there is nothing I can do. I am glad I do not really collect Walking Dead comics. I would be quite annoyed if this happened with a Captain America comic though so I do feel bad for everyone that wanted to get some of these.

Just got my hands on 3 since a semi local shop who was holding me 2 'accidentally' sold them to a regular.

Interestingly 1 has the angled line on the back, but barely one by the spine.

.....just got email that my order was cut in half.......

Yup. Curious if Diamond has actually "cut" anyone elses orders in half. :taptaptap:

I have had inhouse order before get cut at the last minute. because of the time frame the order was place. it does happen.

as for these now hitting $10 each. that's nothing new. Batman #13 was like this too. retailer were asking $10 off the shelf and limited one person.

I feel if a retailer can get $10 on feebay then just sell all copies on feebay.

Yeah. The problem I have with the $10 shelf price is that they are claiming that they were shorted on their order and have to refund almost everyone's orders. I prepaid and rather than follow through with the commitment they have with me, they are ammending it, refunding the difference and still putting up copies on the shelf for sale.

They are a 5 store chain here in Central FL so I do understand that each store has their own inventory and the eBay sales go through a different store but in order to protect a brand, I don't know why all the inventory wasn't pooled to accommodate all the existing pre-sold business.

I just hope the copies I get are clean.

Yeah. The problem I have with the $10 shelf price is that they are claiming that they were shorted on their order and have to refund almost everyone's orders. I prepaid and rather than follow through with the commitment they have with me, they are ammending it, refunding the difference and still putting up copies on the shelf for sale.

They are a 5 store chain here in Central FL so I do understand that each store has their own inventory and the eBay sales go through a different store but in order to protect a brand, I don't know why all the inventory wasn't pooled to accommodate all the existing pre-sold business.

I am guessing we are all talking about Coliseum_auctions on eBay correct?

So did they have a bunch in store at this higher price or only a handful?

I am guessing we are all talking about Coliseum_auctions on eBay correct?

So did they have a bunch in store at this higher price or only a handful?

He wouldn't give me an exact # on the shelf but said that from where he was standing he saw some and they were all priced at $10. At this point I am just happy to be getting 6. Glad I didn't order a ton.

I think it would have been alright if the price wen to $10 eventually but to do so on the day of release is ridiculous. I could have swore at one point on the boards someone mentioned that it a comic could not be more than cover price on the day of release. I could be wrong or maybe don't remember the exact phrasing. Either way with blank sketch covers I've been finding that most comic shops are selling them for $10 right off the bat.

Even worse I walked into a comic store a couple months ago on new comic day and found the newest Saga selling for $6 rather than its cover price.

The market is getting scary due to everyone trying to make an extra buck off of hot comics. Not gonna lie, I do it myself sometimes but only with comics that are actually hard to find, not ones that can still be bought at cover price or found on any rack.

At some point I am afraid that blanks will become the holofoils of twenty years ago. It may not happen because of the ability to get original art drawn on them, but at some point there will just be too many. How many X-Men or Avengers blanks do we need? I probably have like 400 blanks right now. I doubt I will ever be able to get them all done.

At some point I am afraid that blanks will become the holofoils of twenty years ago. It may not happen because of the ability to get original art drawn on them, but at some point there will just be too many. How many X-Men or Avengers blanks do we need? I probably have like 400 blanks right now. I doubt I will ever be able to get them all done.

I know what you mean, I have at least a long box full of blank, all kinds but with Marvel lately they are ruining them. The Red bar across the bottom is awful and hard to mask. I always toy with the idea of using them myself but I get too uncomfortable once I start so I've been practicing with Secret Invasion blanks and New Avengers blanks, and sketch cards of course

I know what you mean, I have at least a long box full of blank, all kinds but with Marvel lately they are ruining them. The Red bar across the bottom is awful and hard to mask. I always toy with the idea of using them myself but I get too uncomfortable once I start so I've been practicing with Secret Invasion blanks and New Avengers blanks, and sketch cards of course

I avoid all the Marvel blanks that have that damn red bar on them like the plague. I have maybe 6 of them total that were given to me. I am sitting on a long box also of blanks with a ton of the better older Marvel blanks, a bunch of the DC blanks (burning through Batman #0s way too quickly) and have about 13 Image United ones still and now about 20 Walking Dead blanks in route.

Walking Dead covers are great but theres bleed thru so the interior comic needs

a backing board in between.Overall (thumbs u

scan1304140001.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

this is exactly why I hope you find passion in comics again, bet you knocked this out like nothing. (thumbs u

someones gonna want to snatch that up

Here are a couple done by WD sketch card artist, Brian Kong for me and a couple of friends at a show yesterday (currently off to CGC). I was extremely impressed at the awesome work he did for the price he charged.

photo34_zps6bc06eea.jpg

Walking Dead covers are great but theres bleed thru so the interior comic needs

a backing board in between.Overall (thumbs u

scan1304140001.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I want that to put up next to the OA

Good God that is impressive!!!!

That would look good next to the OA for cover #19.

Especially if it was up on my wall and not yours.

:baiting: