• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WW St. Louis Walking Dead #1 Variant SS presale

36 posts in this topic

Simple thread. Offered here is a presale for the WW St Louis Walking Dead #1 variant.

These will be CGC 9.8 SS signed by Arthur Suydam and fastracked. Limited quantities 9.8s and 9.6s are being offered on a first come, first served basis, and a takeit will be honored in order of time posted in this thread or by PM. Please indicate whether you want a 9.8 and/or a 9.6. We will cut off orders if we feel supply is not available to support demand and full refunds also. Books may be pressed if needed. Shipping is $10 in the US.

9.8 Blue label Portland variants have been selling for $299. These SS 9.8s are offered here for $299. 9.6 SS for $200. Blue 9.8 available for $225.

DC496C7C-2B36-4887-9112-4EE1AE788D5A-3113-000000B91FFDED3F_zps665833e6.jpg

Is this new story or the same as in issue 1?

I believe from the article that I saw a few weeks back it is just a reprint. They were advertising it as the first variant of the first issue.

Correct. It's a reprint of issue #1 with a different cover, just like the one from WW Portland. These cannot be obtained anywhere but at a Wizard show. Wizard is not allowed to give or sell them to dealers. They are distributed only to paying attendees. That is part of the deal with Skybound.

2 copies have been taken so far. We're only going to submit copies with a strong shot at 9.8, so grab it before we have to cut off orders.

These are tough as nails to get! Dealers are screaming to buy them! Price Michael is offering is very fair if not cheap.

IMO this will be the rarest WD Wizard Book if attendance yesterday was any indication...

JJ

I believe from the article that I saw a few weeks back it is just a reprint. They were advertising it as the first variant of the first issue.

Correct. It's a reprint of issue #1 with a different cover, just like the one from WW Portland. These cannot be obtained anywhere but at a Wizard show. Wizard is not allowed to give or sell them to dealers. They are distributed only to paying attendees. That is part of the deal with Skybound.

2 copies have been taken so far. We're only going to submit copies with a strong shot at 9.8, so grab it before we have to cut off orders.

How many "variants" are they doing?

How many "variants" are they doing?

One for each WW show so 8 or 9 total.

High grade copies may not be that plentiful. Yesterday they were giving them out in bags with the other freebies. Today they are just handing them to attendees. Most are crumpled before they get 5 feet away.