• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone still reading N52?

46 posts in this topic

Nightwing is awesome.

Did you like the new art team in the latest issue? The story is still good, I just felt like all the characters had their mouths open A LOT.

I didn't know there was a new art team for the latest issue. But now that I think about, it did cross my mind that Nightwing looked wayyyy too ripped in some of those panels when he was putting a bandage on.

I went back 5 pages on here to see if there was anything at all discussing the New 52 and there was only Batman.

I'm just hunting around for books to add to my pull list, since after Comedian 6 comes out next week I will be back down to only 2 things. I just finished Green Lantern New 52 and loved it. Is anyone concerned about where it might be going without Geoff Johns? I read the 1st TPBs of Swamp Thing and Hawk & Dove and liked Swamp Thing, but not enough to collect. Didn't like Superman much either, but isn't Snyder taking over on that too?

Basically, outside of Snyder and Batman I'm looking for some New 52 books to add. Any recommendations? This doesn't pertain to just New 52 either, Marvel suggestions are nice as well. I'm pretty set with Image right now though.

I just started reading the Marvel Now lineup, and it is vastly superior to the New DC 52, and I mean it doesn`t even come close. Marvel hired top cutting edge talent for their new comics,while DC hired retreads from the 1990s.

2c

I've only read upto issue 15 of the following but they have been very good:

Batman

Detective Comics

Batman & Robin

Frankenstein

I, Vampire

Swamp Thing

Frankenstein has been cancelled which is a shame as it was one of the best books, he's been absorbed into JLA Dark.

From the new ones that have appeared I've only read Talon and I really recommend that.

I went back 5 pages on here to see if there was anything at all discussing the New 52 and there was only Batman.

I'm just hunting around for books to add to my pull list, since after Comedian 6 comes out next week I will be back down to only 2 things. I just finished Green Lantern New 52 and loved it. Is anyone concerned about where it might be going without Geoff Johns? I read the 1st TPBs of Swamp Thing and Hawk & Dove and liked Swamp Thing, but not enough to collect. Didn't like Superman much either, but isn't Snyder taking over on that too?

Basically, outside of Snyder and Batman I'm looking for some New 52 books to add. Any recommendations? This doesn't pertain to just New 52 either, Marvel suggestions are nice as well. I'm pretty set with Image right now though.

I just started reading the Marvel Now lineup, and it is vastly superior to the New DC 52, and I mean it doesn`t even come close. Marvel hired top cutting edge talent for their new comics,while DC hired retreads from the 1990s.

2c

This.

Batman

Justice League

Green Arrow

Green Lantern (until johns leaves)

Constantine

JLA Dark

Aquaman

I vampire

what he said...

With the additions of

Swamp Thing

Batman & Robin

Batwing.

Seriously though....

Not. Batwing.

When did Superman become irrelevant?

I've only seen one person mention a Supes title so far. Sure, the book will sell because it's Superman, but I hope DC can make the content matter like Snyder has with Batman. Anybody have hopes he will breathe new life into this character like he did with Swamp Thing?

I've only seen one person mention a Supes title so far. Sure, the book will sell because it's Superman, but I hope DC can make the content matter like Snyder has with Batman. Anybody have hopes he will breathe new life into this character like he did with Swamp Thing?

I really do. I was looking forward to Diggle on Action, but he quit :cry: and I am not going to pick up a story that was started by Diggle and then finished by Tony Daniel

I am looking forward to the The Snyder/Lee book, despite the stupid "Superman Unchained" title.

Of the new 52, I am only reading Batman and Detective. At Marvel I am only reading Captain America and the Indestructible Hulk. Guardians of the Galaxy 0.1 was pretty cool, so I will give that book a couple of issues and see what happens. All I know about the Guardians is what I read in 0.1 and that they have a raccoon on the team so we will see what happens there.

Valiant has some of the best superhero books on the market right now, and I am picking up ALL of their titles.

Then, just the usual Image books everybody else seems to be reading and that pretty much rounds out my pull list!

Why is DCs artist lineup so inconsistent throughout most of their titles? 2-3 different artists or an army of inkers per single issue at times.. Is this normally acceptable?

When they announced the new 52 they promised an issue of every comic, every month - no delays. Hence the armies of artists that contribute to get each issue across the line.

Personally I would rather wait to see a polished product, but hey...

Batman

Justice League

Green Arrow

Green Lantern (until johns leaves)

Constantine

JLA Dark

Aquaman

I vampire

what he said...

With the additions of

Swamp Thing

Batman & Robin

Batwing.

Seriously though....

Not. Batwing.

What happened to Batwing? I dropped it when they took Ben Oliver off the art, but I thought the first arc was good...

Is Johns taking over a Superman Unchained book or something?

Is Johns taking over a Superman Unchained book or something?

Scott Snyder and Jim Lee are working on Superman Unchained which launches in June.