• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Get in on the ground floor.......

22 posts in this topic

5 years from now you'll be kicking yourself for not picking up 9.2's at this price.

thumbsup2.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=35761&item=2263316475&rd=1

My view is that at that price, you're not going to see much of a return 5 years from now! 893frustrated.gif

The BA keys are overheated and due to flatline (and deflate) for a while. Already happened to HG ASM129 and Hulk 181. You should be kicking yourself for not buying these books 5 years ago when they were cheap!

My advise.... move on to books that haven't exploded in price yet (late-BA, early Copper age).

P.S. - yes, I love this book too! I've even read it! 893whatthe.gif

But that's too much money... and a relatively poor investment with a time horizon of 5 years. You don't want to buy the hottest books... that's how you lose money in comics....

Sorry for the rant.... but it's a valid point.

sign-rantpost.gif

The real problem is that the vast majority of the copper books are not slabbed at this point in time, because there is no real value to them. So a high grade copper age book may seem good now, who knows how many copies exist out there that will decrease the value when slabbed.

....that is sarcasm,....right?... confused-smiley-013.gif

Yes, I was being sarcastic.

5 years from now you'll be kicking yourself for not picking up 9.2's at this price.

thumbsup2.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=35761&item=2263316475&rd=1

My view is that at that price, you're not going to see much of a return 5 years from now! 893frustrated.gif

The BA keys are overheated and due to flatline (and deflate) for a while. Already happened to HG ASM129 and Hulk 181. You should be kicking yourself for not buying these books 5 years ago when they were cheap!

My advise.... move on to books that haven't exploded in price yet (late-BA, early Copper age).

P.S. - yes, I love this book too! I've even read it! 893whatthe.gif

But that's too much money... and a relatively poor investment with a time horizon of 5 years. You don't want to buy the hottest books... that's how you lose money in comics....

Sorry for the rant.... but it's a valid point.

sign-rantpost.gif

All valid points, but I was being sarcastic. makepoint.gif

I've expressed my opinions on "investing" in comics many times, and this is honestly one of the most ridiculous auctions I've ever seen. I can at least understand the multiples being paid for key bronze 9.6/9.8 books, but this is absurd.

The real problem is that the vast majority of the copper books are not slabbed at this point in time, because there is no real value to them. So a high grade copper age book may seem good now, who knows how many copies exist out there that will decrease the value when slabbed.

That's why you have to get in NOW before that happens tongue.gif I have seen some of the Copper prices go up...albeit not a major amount; just enough to ack its occurance.

That's why you have to get in NOW before that happens tongue.gif

I thought I was already in on the ground floor. You wanna buy a Mint Atlantis Attacks acetate cover?

That's why I buy late-BA, early CA in bulk when I can find them....

My favorites are Alpha Flight #1, Justice League #1v2, and Micronauts #1. You can get NM (or better) copies for less than new comic cover prices! What a steal! But then nobody thought Werewolf By Night was worth anything until it was over 20 years old. 1989 OSG price for MS2 was $1.80!

You are VERY correct about how many high grade copies are available in this era. My solution is A) buy in bulk at very low price; and B) buy NM+/NMMT when they are available for not much more than modern cover price.

Hey look... I've made it through an entire rant with using one icon!

All valid points, but I was being sarcastic. makepoint.gif

I've expressed my opinions on "investing" in comics many times, and this is honestly one of the most ridiculous auctions I've ever seen. I can at least understand the multiples being paid for key bronze 9.6/9.8 books, but this is absurd.

You never know these days.... people are paying absurd prices and think that they are getting a great investment... foreheadslap.gif

thumbsup2.gif

foreheadslap.gif After finally getting a 9.6 WW 32, I just sold my 9.4 32 & 33 for $900. Looks like I coulda' done better on eBay.

Zach go the book AK... thanks

thumbsup2.gif

If u just add 50% to the Moon Knight comic, u could have picked up X-men 94 Cgc 9.2 $845 on eBay last week. Soft BA 893crossfingers-thumb.gif market?

I just saw this so I'm a little late... gossip.gif

OMG...

For a 9.2!? foreheadslap.gif

I'd rather have a FF 1 or AF 15 in 1.0 for $500. cloud9.gif

I understand that it's the 1st Moon Knight, but what exactly is driving up the price?

I have never understood the heat this book generates. Moon Knight has failed to take off as a character so many times, it's not funny. confused-smiley-013.gif

I understand that it's the 1st Moon Knight, but what exactly is driving up the price?

I have never understood the heat this book generates. Moon Knight has failed to take off as a character so many times, it's not funny. confused-smiley-013.gif

DITTO! I don't get why this book is commanding such high prices.... and I would like to see someone FINALLY write/draw a great Moon Knight series. But we'll probably get a third-rate Marvel reboot again soon.