• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thor #337 Vertical Line on cover caused by.....

9 posts in this topic

Does anyone know how these vertical lines on the cover are caused? I've always assumed it's a production related issue having to do with the printing press but I was hoping someone knew exactly. And being a production related issue should anything be deducted from the technical grade? I should probably note that there aren't any marks/depressions on the cover caused by the phenomenon.

Thanks in advance,

Mark

t337.jpg

Yep, I'd just assume it's streaks from the ink rollers since they are distinctly vertical ... looks like a production issue to me. I wouldn't deduct from the grade.

Yep, I'd just assume it's streaks from the ink rollers since they are distinctly vertical ... looks like a production issue to me. I wouldn't deduct from the grade.

Maybe so, but I certainly wouldn't be buying it . . . :grin:

It's printing. It won't affect the grade too much.

Yet... it should affect the grading. I can buy a copy that doesn't have that defect.

(thumbs u

Yea that was my thought too. You'd have a hard time moving that in a slab.

Yea that was my thought too. You'd have a hard time moving that in a slab.

That is not as bad as copies with green ink overspray across the top from production. I've seen a few sharp copies of this book with that defect, and pass them right up.

But if that Thor 337 was slabbed with the right label, I bet you there would be a sale. And that Plitch guy may know a thing or two about grading.