• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blue Horseshoe loves Spawn # 9

85 posts in this topic

This is the only slabbed issue of Spawn I have. A seller through it in as freebie with a larger purchase long ago. I guess I don't keep up - I didn't know there was a frenzy for this drek. I wonder if mine can be a greater premium - 'old label goodness' hm

spawn9_zps43a7c611.jpg

This is the only slabbed issue of Spawn I have. A seller through it in as freebie with a larger purchase long ago. I guess I don't keep up - I didn't know there was a frenzy for this drek. I wonder if mine can be a greater premium - 'old label goodness' hm

spawn9_zps43a7c611.jpg

You're RICH! :applause:

By this estimate, Spawn #9 had a print run of over 1million copies.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3436722

Wizard hyped this book through the roof because Gaiman was writing it and claiming Angela was going to be the hottest thing since Batman himself.

I knew people buying cases of this book.

I wouldn't be shocked if the print run on this book were even higher than Spawn #1.

So, Spawn #9 is worth, at most, the price of an ounce of silver.

I'll take the silver any day.

:whee:

-slym

It's worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. I'm hoping someone steps up and pays a meeeellion dollars. Let's bring the early 90's back. Such good times. Optimism was in the air and we were all going to be rich. I also miss good music. You know, when it used to be fun. :headbang:

There were some on the wall at Gem City for $15-20 each. Last year a Boardie included several of them in a package to me as freebies. lol.

I actually did that last month doh! doh! First WD, now this - what luck I have :tonofbricks:

Title

Spawn

Issue No. 9

Issue Date 3/93

Year 1993

Publisher Image Comics

Country

Country/Variant

-

Grade Universal Qualified Signature Series Restored

See Detail Total

Mint 10.0 0 0 0 0 0

Mint 9.9 0 0 0 0 0

Near Mint/Mint 9.8 156 2 20 0 178

Near Mint + 9.6 39 1 6 0 46

Near Mint 9.4 27 1 9 0 37

Near Mint - 9.2 12 0 2 0 14

At Gem City Sean I randomly found 3 copies in a 50 cent box that were nm- or better. I felt dirty buying them even at that price (and by dirty I mean they shouldn't be worth even that) but I figure I can flip them on eBay and cover the cost of the ticket to get into Gem City.

Title

Spawn

Issue No. 9

Issue Date 3/93

Year 1993

Publisher Image Comics

Country

Country/Variant

-

See Detail Total

Mint 10.0 0 0 0 0 0

Mint 9.9 0 0 0 0 0

Posted in the other Angela thread.

135882.jpg.5b69db120d27150173b893a8f6d817b5.jpg

Title

Spawn

Issue No. 9

Issue Date 3/93

Year 1993

Publisher Image Comics

Country

Country/Variant

-

See Detail Total

Mint 10.0 0 0 0 0 0

Mint 9.9 0 0 0 0 0

Posted in the other Angela thread.

I'm finding it hard to believe that many people wanted a slabbed copy of a book in the quarter bin. lol

I'm finding it hard to believe that many people wanted a slabbed copy of a book in the quarter bin. lol

There was a CGC 9.8 on here a few months ago for $20. But most probably because it also required $12 for shipping, it didn't seem to move quickly. Imagine the "oh my God" gasps now from those that could have flipped it for 2x to 4x of their investment.

lol

I expect this wave to hit the beach in less than a month.

Better get those books mailed into CGC immediately so you can ...

Wait. What?

doh!

The only way you could get a raw copy slabbed and back to you in time to cash in on this would be to do the one day service and hope it gets through encapsulation in a few weeks.