• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"We're with you 'House"...

33 posts in this topic

With all due respect Bruce, most forum members do not run around wearing one's heart on a sleeve. I wish House and his family all the best, but just the fact that he's having problems should not absolve him of his business obligations.

Personally, I've had my fair share of [!@#%^&^] happen to my family these last few years, but other than my surly tone and the odd flare-up, you won't hear a word about it. Well, other than than that 35-Cent Variant Auction that I ran for my uncle in chemo (who later died) that certain forum members used to insult and berate me in (kudos to cosmic-spiderman for coming through).

In the face of adversity, we all fulfilled our personal and financial duties to keep things running, while making sure family commitments were also served.

893censored-thumb.gif happens and you either step up, or step out.

It's a choice everyone has to make, and when my mother learned she had MS, lost sight in one eye -among other physical problems- she could have taken early retirement and a nice insurance severance, but instead of packing it in, she redoubled her efforts, continued her extensive commitments to various charitable and children's organizations, and even started a part-time home business.

I could go on and on about various other family members and their physical ailments (some who didn't make it), but I'm sure many of the people reading this have gone through the exact same thing. At the end of the day, it all comes down to one important fact:

When life kicks you in the balls, you can either lay on the ground moaning, or jump up ready to fight.

I'm with JC on this one. The number of setbacks I and my family have had in the past 10 years would fill a book. Yet we continue on.

I don't know 'house and I do wish him all the best, but he might find things even get easier for him if he can take care of his buss obligations. If he were here in Kentucky, I'd help him, but if no one is available, get er done!! The weight off his shoulders just may help improve things for him all the way 'round!!

Vince, I hear you. I'm not trying to absolve 'House of any business commitments whatsoever. Clearly, I think a few of you may have misunderstood my intentions a bit.

I agree with this:

At the end of the day, it all comes down to one important fact: When life kicks you in the balls, you can either lay on the ground moaning, or jump up ready to fight.

The way I see it though is that a good number of the people that "jump up ready to fight" have also "laid on the ground moaning" for awhile before getting to the point where they do. I would be uncomfortable judging someone on how long it takes them to get up off the floor and start swinging. I'm not in their shoes. I also think, for me, that berating them while they are on the floor is counter-productive (even if justified) for most and something that would not make me feel good.

My thinking is that a show of support and compassion for his personal situation might be the boost he needs to get back up and start swinging... and resolve these outstanding matters. Simply put, they have to be.

I'm just trying to help everyone involved because I believe help is needed and could make a difference. Maybe its more than I can handle and I should have minded my own business, but as you pointed out (for better or worse) I guess I wear it on my sleeve and would rather try than sit back and watch all this chaos.

You could also bet, regardless of past problems between you and I, should it have been you in dire straits... I, and many others would try to help you too.

Is there a reason why you and JC feel the urge to purge on this thread? Leave it to the other one.

'house....never had any dealings with you but I am sure I will in the future. Hope you will turn the corner soon. Best wishes to you and your family.

I wish House the best in dealing with many issues that face him. I hope he redouble his efforts, and come back fighting. It is in times like these that define a person; when adversity threatens to rip apart what you have built and love. I'm rooting for you, House.

Is there a reason why you and JC feel the urge to purge on this thread? Leave it to the other one.

Hey, although I think I'm on pretty good terms with 'House, I'm the "tough love" kinda guy. Although I wish him ALL the best, I also don't believe it should absolve him of all responsibilities.

And if anyone believes this thread was started for any other purpose than to calm the forum lynch mob, then pass me a turnip from the truck you just fell off of. foreheadslap.gif

'house....never had any dealings with you but I am sure I will in the future. Hope you will turn the corner soon. Best wishes to you and your family.

Didn't really think about the thread it is in. My bad.

Hey, although I think I'm on pretty good terms with 'House, I'm the "tough love" kinda guy. Although I wish him ALL the best, I also don't believe it should absolve him of all responsibilities.

And if anyone believes this thread was started for any other purpose than to calm the forum lynch mob, then pass me a turnip from the truck you just fell off of. foreheadslap.gif

Vince,

It really bothers me when you presume to know other's motivations and make judgements about their actions as if you were speaking about facts.

I started this thread simply to show 'House that some people that had a chance to understand what he was going through, would have compassion and offer him well-wishes. I thought it would be a nice "pick-me-up" for him to know he had friends that believed in him and were in his corner when times were tough.

That is all my intentions were. Doubt me if you like.

The other thread is where i tried to provide information and another perspective to "calm a thread" that was heading out of control IMHO. Online lynchmob-mentality can really gather a great deal of unjustified momentum for many reasons. I did want everyone to slow down and take a breath and consider what I found out and my general take on it all.

I also never remotely suggested anything to anyone about him being "absolved of all responsibilities" much less "any". I think I made it clear he needed to resolve all outstanding issues and that if he needed help to do so, i was willing to offer it to some degree. Please LMK in which post I made such a remark that led you to believe I was in favor of that.

confused-smiley-013.gif

My thinking is that a show of support and compassion for his personal situation might be the boost he needs to get back up and start swinging... and resolve these outstanding matters. Simply put, they have to be.

Lets hope so Bruce, I certainly agree with your sentiment. I hope though, that Lighthouse will consider spending five minutes of his time posting here in order to help clear up any confusion. His public silence in this matter is only escalating the situation.

Lets hope so Bruce, I certainly agree with your sentiment. But I can also see where JC and others are coming from on this, and right now things are not looking good from Lighthouse's end. I seriously think spending five minutes of his time posting here may help his cause, his public silence in this matter is only escalating the situation.

For those that have not seen it, he did post today on the first thread.

Lighthouse has now posted in the other thread, hopefully clearing up the matter. I will end my participation in this discussion by wishing Lighthouse well with any personal problems he may have, and hope to see him return to the board in the future in a much better place.