• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Terry's Comics

17 posts in this topic

I have always been happy with the raw comics that I have purchased from Terry O'Neil. Terry has a very large stock of raw golden age and silver age comics and some slabs. I have been a customer of Terry's for many years and have purchased many comics including raw Batman #7, Marvel Mystery #36 (my favorite busy Timely cover), and Torchy #1. I have seen Terry selling at SDCC, WonderCon, NYCC, Big Wow, and London Super Comic Con, so he travels quite a bit. He also runs his own old time con, CalComicCon in Yorba Linda, California. He also gives me a sizable discount.

I never purchased directly from their catalog but do tend to get something from his booth at every show. IMO, he is a pretty strict grader plus he notes defects on the back of the board. I appreciate that now if I can only remember to look there first. I think his pricing is OK not a bargain but not too high either.

I never purchased directly from their catalog but do tend to get something from his booth at every show. IMO, he is a pretty strict grader plus he notes defects on the back of the board. I appreciate that now if I can only remember to look there first. I think his pricing is OK not a bargain but not too high either.

I would say his prices are significantly higher than other dealers and they don't put much stock in page quality but otherwise a quality dealer and excellent service.

Agree, he's priced a bit higher, but he's a nice guy and easy to work with if you put a few books together. I've done business with him on eBay and at C2E2 Chicago.

It was a bit awkward the first time I met him. He started thumbing through his wallet and showing me all the checks that he had taken for the big books that he sold. Maybe he had hit the ale early. (shrug)