• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do you own Wizard Magazine issue 200 (Platinum)? I need your help.

42 posts in this topic

It's pretty fascinating, if you are into statistics like myself. I can tell you this, Witchblade 1 appears to be the "king of the hill" - 26 straight issues in the top 10 - that's insane! Other categories I am looking at are publisher, most times at the number 1 spot, and "total points" (10 points for number 1 book, 9 for 2, etc).

Ah memories. Really looking forward to seeing this. Thanks for your efforts (thumbs u

It's pretty fascinating, if you are into statistics like myself. I can tell you this, Witchblade 1 appears to be the "king of the hill" - 26 straight issues in the top 10 - that's insane! Other categories I am looking at are publisher, most times at the number 1 spot, and "total points" (10 points for number 1 book, 9 for 2, etc).

Wow. Wasn't Lady Death 1 in the top 10 for a long time as well?

Wow. Wasn't Lady Death 1 in the top 10 for a long time as well?

Yes, LD1 was in the top 10 for a long time as well, but not quite as long as Witchblade 1, which really surprised me. Going in, I was convinced that either Magnus 12 or LD1 would "win out" - Witchblade 1 didn't even cross my mind. Funny how memories and perceptions work compared to what really happened. In all fairness, LD1 was in the top 10, 25 times, only one short of Witchblade (but not continuously like Witchblade was). However, Magnus 12 wasn't even in the top 10, not sure if it even made the top 20.

Anyone reading this with 200 Platinum that can help me out with the necessary data?

anyone?

You mean this one?

Is so, let me know what you are looking for exactly. I haven't read one in a long time.

Of course that means I will have to open it from it's polybag. Now it's gonna be worthless!! Worthless, I tell you!! I'll never sell it now. lollollol

You owe me. ;)

Awesome, yes, that's the one. I'm looking for the top 10 hottest comics from that issue - probably right around the first page of the price guide. This is all assuming there is an actual list in that magazine. 200 gold did not have one, but I'm guessing 200 platinum does since the gold looked in the past, the platinum was looking at now and the future. Thank you.

HOT 10 COMICS !!!!!!!!! page 109

1 Locke & Key # 1 $10

2 Cable # 1 Liefeld variant $20

3 The Dark Tower: The Long Road Home # 1 Deodato variant $25

4 ASM 552 Adi Granov variant $20

5 Kick- # 1 Steve Mcniven variant $10

6 X-Force # 1 Bryan Hitch variant $20

7 Freddy vs Jason vs ASH # 1 Jason Cover $12

8 Buffy the Vampire Slayer # 12 Georges Jeanty variant $4

9 Hulk # 1 Ed McGuiness cover $5

10 Halloween Nightdance # 1 Sienkiewicz cover $5

HOT 10 COMICS !!!!!!!!! page 109

1 Locke & Key # 1 $10

2 Cable # 1 Liefeld variant $20

3 The Dark Tower: The Long Road Home # 1 Deodato variant $25

4 ASM 552 Adi Granov variant $20

5 Kick- # 1 Steve Mcniven variant $10

6 X-Force # 1 Bryan Hitch variant $20

7 Freddy vs Jason vs ASH # 1 Jason Cover $12

8 Buffy the Vampire Slayer # 12 Georges Jeanty variant $4

9 Hulk # 1 Ed McGuiness cover $5

10 Halloween Nightdance # 1 Sienkiewicz cover $5

Bill, you rock! Thank you so much. Will compile data and post results to boards soon.

I don't, it was a rag by the end. They fired all the good writers and just compiled lists. The last issue I had was just over 70 pages, was made of super cheap paper and had nearly as many ads as comic related content.

I only have 3 more issues I'm waiting delivery on. They are all really late in the run and there is a good chance there is no lists in them - but I want to get that data in before publishing results. Results should be posted in the next week or so.

I can't wait. I used to love Wizard. I got rid of all my worn out old issues, but I wouldn't mind getting a run of 1-50. (I collected comics from the late 80's to early 90's then took a loooong break.)

Any chance you could post a sneak peek at the lists? First 10 issues maybe?

I can't wait. I used to love Wizard. I got rid of all my worn out old issues, but I wouldn't mind getting a run of 1-50. (I collected comics from the late 80's to early 90's then took a loooong break.)

Any chance you could post a sneak peek at the lists? First 10 issues maybe?

First 10 issues is almost exclusively Marvel books (lots of New Mutants and X-Men). Image didn't exist, Valiant was brand new, and DC wasn't cool. After about issue 13 or so, things start getting much more interesting.

I miss wizard...

I miss the 90's Wizard - but, I have a huge stack that I read, and after a few years, I just go back and re-read them, living the old 90's Glory Days.