• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic shipping boxes...

25 posts in this topic

Has anybody used these "easy fold mailers "? Was thinking of ordering some.

HD_1302_G.jpg

These boxes would still damage the comics inside, buy a bigger box, buy a bag of styrofoam peanuts and ship them that way. Have to remember, the mailmen put boxes in a mail bag and then drop the bag on the ground.

I can't be the only one that wraps comics in bubble-wrap first, then sandwiches them in cardboard or corrugated plastic, then another, thicker wrap of bubble-wrap... right? These boxes are perfect for my style of packaging... then again, I tend to over-do it a little (OK, maybe a lot) but I want my stuff to survive most anything the PO can throw at it - literally!

:grin:

-slym

That is pretty much how I imagined using these shippers.

I wish I could afford them... at least at first, though, I am gonna have to make some boxes. Luckily I have a furniture store nearby, lots of free large boxes!

Now to get scanning my X-Men collection... :(

-slym

Well I recently wanted them after buying a few books from people but they got it from other sellers as well until know. I did try to order the whole bundle of 1080 at my LCS and they kind looked at me funny since it weighs 376lbs...haha..

But seriously, what I do is cut out cardboard to sandwich books. Then bubble wrap that. Then I use either more bubble wrap or cardboard inserts to fill up the same of a 1092 box. I'm using a lot of materials on single or double books so I need to find an alternative solution. I'll still sandwich the books and use a couple strips of bubblewrap if I get these new t-cardboard shippers.

Has anybody used these "easy fold mailers "? Was thinking of ordering some.

HD_1302_G.jpg

I've shipped thousands of books out in those ( S - 342 ) with the books sandwiched in double cardboard. Never a problem. They are depth adjustable up to two inches and I can fit about 12 books in there with the cardboard shipped safely.

I buy them in bundles from U-Line.