• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic shipping boxes...

25 posts in this topic

Dang... I have been known to have to make my own boxes, cutting up cardboard & designing custom fits. Furniture boxes are free, but it sure does take a lot of time to break down and cut to shape. These boxes you have pics of are pretty neat.

:popcorn:

-slym

You can order those through Diamond. They're called Comic Folder T-Boxes. They have to be ordered in quantity of 50, so if you order them through your LCS, then you might not be able to get just one. Great for shipping 1-5 comics, especially since you can ship 1st class mail and save a few dollars. You can probably make your own boxes, but this might be just easier.

Damn....

Sold flat in pallets of 1,080 at a net cost of $270, Comic Folder T-Boxes are constructed of durable, lightweight cardboard. These distinctive boxes feature fold-over flaps that secure up to approximately 20 comics or a standard size trade paperback within it while padding them against damage when the box is folded together.

I don't need 1080....and to spend $270 for boxes.... kinda expensive..haha

Damn....

Sold flat in pallets of 1,080 at a net cost of $270, Comic Folder T-Boxes are constructed of durable, lightweight cardboard. These distinctive boxes feature fold-over flaps that secure up to approximately 20 comics or a standard size trade paperback within it while padding them against damage when the box is folded together.

I don't need 1080....and to spend $270 for boxes.... kinda expensive..haha

I picked these up after reading about them in another thread here on the boards. Link BTW, these will fit in a legal size flat rate envelope.

I have been using Comic Flash mailers from affinity collectibles - I buy in bulk and they come out to about $.65-.75 each shipped.

They also fit up to 10 comics - I have shipped 5 Dark Horse Presents (about 2x the size of normal comic) comics in 1 and there was still room for more

i just keep the boxes from when i get books. i have a ton of those things around the house

+1 I think I buy more than I sell. (shrug)

Just recently had to toss my old boxes after realizing I had a whole closet dedicated just to empty boxes. "Someday I will use them!", and now I am looking at buying new shipping boxes. Moral of the story, don't throw anything away, EVER!!! Sigh...

i just keep the boxes from when i get books. i have a ton of those things around the house

Just recently had to toss my old boxes after realizing I had a whole closet dedicated just to empty boxes. "Someday I will use them!", and now I am looking at buying new shipping boxes. Moral of the story, don't throw anything away, EVER!!! Sigh...

lol a whole closet. I thought I had it bad! :roflmao:

Boxes, bubblewrap, styrofoam peanuts, "air pillows," I save it all.

(thumbs u

-slym

Possible helpful hint, both for buyers/sellers and the environment - I have started "removing" all the corrugated plastic signs that businesses and housing developments plant on wire stakes on every corner near where I live. These I take and cut into the size of the sheets I use to make my "cardboard sandwich" that I protect all comics with when shipping. These businesses put them on gov't property without asking, so I have no qualms about taking them. Plus, the area looks SO much better without the dang things everywhere. Not only is the plastic tougher, but lighter as well, easier to cut, and if I use Flat-Rate Priority boxes, I can fill up the space with some of the cutoffs.

Ask any of my recent buyers how they feel about this... ;)

-slym

Has anybody used these "easy fold mailers "? Was thinking of ordering some.

HD_1302_G.jpg

These boxes would still damage the comics inside, buy a bigger box, buy a bag of styrofoam peanuts and ship them that way. Have to remember, the mailmen put boxes in a mail bag and then drop the bag on the ground.

Has anybody used these "easy fold mailers "? Was thinking of ordering some.

HD_1302_G.jpg

These boxes would still damage the comics inside, buy a bigger box, buy a bag of styrofoam peanuts and ship them that way. Have to remember, the mailmen put boxes in a mail bag and then drop the bag on the ground.

I can't be the only one that wraps comics in bubble-wrap first, then sandwiches them in cardboard or corrugated plastic, then another, thicker wrap of bubble-wrap... right? These boxes are perfect for my style of packaging... then again, I tend to over-do it a little (OK, maybe a lot) but I want my stuff to survive most anything the PO can throw at it - literally!

:grin:

-slym