• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Turnaround times....Finally improving?

5 posts in this topic

CGC Turnaround times....Finally improving?

HI!

I have 90 books sitting in CGC vault...

the first 30 books arrived at CGC on 11/13/2012, the other 60 on the 01/24/2013. I chose modern tier for all of them.

I am really excited to see them added to my sets since I sent many high grade AF(Byrne),DD (miller),FF (Byrne), -Men (200-300) and Thor(Simonson)books!

The first order went into Scheduled for Grading after 76 Working days (I did not count saturdays and sundays) and into graded status after 86 days. After 94 working days it's still in Grading/Quality Control status. I expect to see the books shipped by day 100th...ROTFL!

The other two orders went into Scheduled for Grading after 42(!!!??) Working days on 03/22/2013... Will they be shipped by working day 70?

I talked to the excellent CGC customer service last week (Bree you are the best!) and they confirmed they hired new graders and are working very very much to return turnaround times to normal.

In the last 5 years I submitted more than 25 orders to CGC (600 books in total!)and I was starting to lose motivation for the turnaround time.

But... for me hunting down raw treasures and getting them graded is very FUNNY!

What still I don't understand is why all of a sudden 1 year and a half ago the turnaround times for lower tiers became so slow...

Total Number of Comics Registered: 722

Total Number of Comics Currently in Sets: 688

YEAH: The 1000th slab is not so far away!!!

CIAO!

FEDERICO - ITALY

See more journals by XXXPHOENIX

for some reason my first order is still in the vault and IM at 113 business days for it now. must be something wrong. but no one has answers? My second order which was only 97 days is already here. I shipped it 2 weeks later then the first. My last order is scheduled now and it is only 65 days.

Buon Giorno,

I do have to agree with you. The times have sped up quite a bit. Having sent in one set in October and having them graded and received at my home today actually and then seeing a set I sent off in december in the Grading / Quality Control I truly believe they have read some of these postings and have finally made some changes. That or I just got lucky. I'm hoping for the first.

A.A.A.

My 24th of january orders went into graded status on the 29th of march...after only 47 working days!!!!

Instead my november books are still in qualiity control status....thus they reached working day 99 without having been shipped.

Next update when all 90 books reach the shipped status for ...the final stats.

Federico

Here it is the final update for my 3 submissions:

TURNAROUND TIME (from "received" to "shipped/safe" status)

n.1 : 112 working days – received by CGC on the 11/13/2012

n.2 : 61 working days – received by CGC on the 01/24/2013

n.3 : 62 working days – received by CGC on the 01/24/2013

CIAO!

FEDERICO