• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Avengers #4

13 posts in this topic

This book has definitely seen better days, but I got it for a decent price and wanted one for my PC.

Just in case I decide to upgrade and sell this copy, would this even garner a grade if submitted?

Cover is connected by one staple. No water damage that I can tell. All pages present.

P1000641_zps24af65d2.jpg

P1000642_zps74c0c151.jpg

P1000643_zpsb45c5369.jpg

P1000644_zpsbeacaf5f.jpg

1.0!

I know I am in the minority here, but I have a hard time giving a complete book (okay, there is a small piece out of the cover, but still) like this a .5 when there are other complete books in even worse cnodition. Maybe they need to add a .2 or something and have a scale at the bottom end like they do at the top, but there's just way too much range in bottom end books for me to be down with giving them all the same grade.

My logic is simple: if there's something in worse condition than this, then how can I give it the lowest grade?

1.0! (thumbs u

As an example of what I mean, here's my copy of Avengers #4:

SCAN0034.jpg

And even this one, I think there are more beat up complete copies out there.

1.0!

I know I am in the minority here, but I have a hard time giving a complete book (okay, there is a small piece out of the cover, but still) like this a .5 when there are other complete books in even worse cnodition. Maybe they need to add a .2 or something and have a scale at the bottom end like they do at the top, but there's just way too much range in bottom end books for me to be down with giving them all the same grade.

My logic is simple: if there's something in worse condition than this, then how can I give it the lowest grade?

1.0! (thumbs u

As an example of what I mean, here's my copy of Avengers #4:

SCAN0034.jpg

And even this one, I think there are more beat up complete copies out there.

+1 - Cool Book though and well loved!