• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rare CGC Books with LESS than 50 in CENSUS Registry

51 posts in this topic

None in the registry yet as all goldenage books most have less than 50 copies in the registry i'm working on putting a few unseen in it.The book used come up on Ebay years ago in a rare moment not to much today.The OPG is way off on these books sometimes goes for crazy money when it does nice thread you have created here.Thanks for it!

hey your welcome!! this thread for the cool rare books and we can all see them :)

even in my case with thinly CGCed books, a suggested price sometimes can mean nothing if you really want the book. Overstreet Price Guide doesnt have an organic idea of the evolving market on ultra rare or foriegn books

I showed him 8 books and he was like "i never seen these you want to sell them?"

Im curious in CGC Census rated books that are either scarce, rare, or for whatever reason have been graded in low numbers.

Of course this would include books that are ZERO on the CGC Census...

I find this fascinating as CGC has been in business for 13 years why are these unique books in low numbers at CGC. I have a few books like this for the simple fact that they are foreign, scarce, or just simply lack desirability...

Hope to see some rare birds! :popcorn:

Just about every Golden Age book has less than 50 in registry.

Nearly every Atlas tile, nearly every issue of every title.

5o is a high # in census, still pretty low...

i wonder what is the most CGCed book???????

When looking at the rarity of CGC graded books you should factor in the value of the books. Some books have a very low population because they have a low value and aren't really worth grading. If a book has a relatively high value and there are very few graded copies it's probably a very rare book.

ahh my friend that is where can you can go wrong on value of a book. There is no established value guide on foreign comics and there are roughly a dozen of us hardcore foreign key collectors

Someone recentlty dropped $1000 on the only known Australian Batman 227...

I would easily do the same on a few rare ZERO CGC'ed books like the Colombian Spiderman 129, Aussie Superman 233, Arabic Batman 227, Brazilian Batman 251

Doesn't invalidate my logic. Books like that aren't on the census because they are difficult to find.

It will be interesting to see if the 1k sale of the Australian Bat 227 will draw out other copies.

well i hope it does. the problem is no one can find one to make an easy 1000

its a white buffalo. only one person has one in US

Mike has been around a long time used to do cons in church basements in New york city likes vintage toys and everthing else that can be sold.

Im curious in CGC Census rated books that are either scarce, rare, or for whatever reason have been graded in low numbers.

I find this fascinating as CGC has been in business for 13 years why are these unique books in low numbers at CGC. I have a few books like this for the simple fact that they are foreign, scarce, or just simply lack desirability...

When looking at the rarity of CGC graded books you should factor in the value of the books. Some books have a very low population because they have a low value and aren't really worth grading. If a book has a relatively high value and there are very few graded copies it's probably a very rare book.

ahh my friend that is where can you can go wrong on value of a book. There is no established value guide on foreign comics and there are roughly a dozen of us hardcore foreign key collectors

Someone recentlty dropped $1000 on the only known Australian Batman 227...

I would easily do the same on a few rare ZERO CGC'ed books like the Colombian Spiderman 129, Aussie Superman 233, Arabic Batman 227, Brazilian Batman 251

Doesn't invalidate my logic. Books like that aren't on the census because they are difficult to find.

It will be interesting to see if the 1k sale of the Australian Bat 227 will draw out other copies.

well i hope it does. the problem is no one can find one to make an easy 1000

its a white buffalo. only one person has one in US

I can certainly see the appeal of collecting foreign variants.

Try to find one of these less than six in the census

dynamic.jpg

If you think 6 in the census is rare, try to find this one...2 in census highest a 8.0...it is impossible, very rare, rarer still in high grade.

img010_zpsbbb3f362.jpg

I'm pretty sure that's Wolverine Limited 1...about 7.5K graded copies. Amazing Spider-man 300 is really, really close with roughly the same. I could be wrong though.

You could be right! ASM is currently 2 copies away from overtaking Wolverine.

http://www.cgcdata.com/CGC/TopCGCSubmissions.asp

And using the Census to determine scarcity? That's sure to get someone burned!

I'm pretty sure that's Wolverine Limited 1...about 7.5K graded copies. Amazing Spider-man 300 is really, really close with roughly the same. I could be wrong though.

You could be right! ASM is currently 2 copies away from overtaking Wolverine.

http://www.cgcdata.com/CGC/TopCGCSubmissions.asp

And using the Census to determine scarcity? That's sure to get someone burned!

do you think there are books that are NOT scarce but not in the census?

hmmm could be i would be curious to see some examples and why they might not be CGCed... could be who knows!