• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pre-Screen Question

5 posts in this topic

I recently sent off my first pre-screen submission to CGC. I noticed that when the books were moved to graded status some have a category listed on the invoice detail and others do not. Is this an indicator of whether the book passed the prescreen or just some artifact of the process? Thanks in advance.

Bob

Did anyone ever answer this question for you, or can you tell me how it turned out. I just did my first prescreen submission and am wondering the same thing. Thanks.

If you are viewing the invoice details and it has for example,

"Modern" and the grade showing 0.0 that indicates the book has passed the required pre-screen grade you have selected.

The grade will be posted, although anti-climatic with pre-screen, after the quality control status moves to safe/shipped.

Grades aren't posted until safe/shipped status because the book is reviewed by the final grader to ensure the grade given is such or lower/higher.

Thanks, so if I understand you correctly, the books that do not have a tier category denoted (I.e. modern) at the "graded" status, then that book was rejected prior to grading.

Tom