• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

First sign of comic book Apocolypse

88 posts in this topic

Correct, 37 years...yup, makes an enormous difference with almost 400,000 books printed frown.gif

"Also houses are different since there really is only 1 house like it. The house next door is not the same house"

Now THAT statement borders on ridiculous. Were talking market/rarity here correct? You can most certainly find "similar" homes if not exact in a neighborhood, furthermore its how many people can afford that house that ultimately makes the market, not the amount of people bidding, or past "similar sales"(like you first said). You're making my points for me dawg, i'm only trying to help you foreheadslap.gif

Now you want to justify your argument by making corrections in what can and can't be used to substantiate the counter point?...sheesh

My point was that with a house you get the "Baby, I gotta have this one" thing. sure the house down the street can be similar, but it is not the same. When someone wants something so badly that reasons goes out the window I dont think that constitues a true market and true market conditions. The same thing happened with the harbinger 1 9.8...2 people decided that they must have this one. No other will do. Surely you have seen it before. What I am saying is that these outliers are generally not thought of as part of the market, but truly outliers. That is all..they dont fit...

Ze-man...i'm sorry to deflate some conspiracy theory you may have about ME, but this is my first and ONLY participation on these boards since they've existed. confused-smiley-013.gif I cannot, nor will I defend that statement, one can either believe it or not, but its the truth. As for READING these boards, i've done so for years now, is that a CGC forum crime i'm unaware of? confused.gif

AS for who I actually am? what does that really matter? Most folks haven't been particularly nice to me since I came aboard, and who I am outside of these boards in MY business and MY right to pass on such knowledge to whom I see fit and when. I have ZERO obligation to do so, and won't be "bullied" into doing it either.

Two weeks i've been coming into the boards, lets see how things go and give sometime to learn about one another before lynchings begin mad.gif

CRIME NO, BUT WHY ASK THAT QUESTION?? WHO YOU ARE MATTERS AS WE WOULD LIKE TO BELIVE THAT YOU COME HERE WITHOUT HIDDEN REASONS. "BULLIED" HAS A VERY INTERESTING RING TO IT. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

"LYNCHING" ANOTHER INTERESTING WORD. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

The unfortunate thing is that people seem to remember Valiants akin to the 1929 stock crash. They are AWESOME comics! The Jim Shooter issues were KICK- stories and the Layton/Lapham/BWS art was killer. Great books, definitely way worth reading. Post Unity they went crazy trying to cash in and the books went downhill. Once Aerosmith made a guest appearance in Shadowman, you KNEW it was over.... Seriously though, Shooter's departure was the turning point. The books lost their edge and then the speculation killed them. I'd like to see Shooter get back in because he came up with great stuff as mentioned before. IMHO the Valiant stories rank as some of the all-time best comics. And Unity was a crossover done right. Great stories, art, etc.

thumbsup2.gif Could not agree more. It's really unfortunate that the early Valiant issues have been stigmatized by the collapse of the speculator bubble. If anyone should be stigmatized, it's Wizard, who shamelessly and relentlessly flogged the books. All B&W books were stigmatized for a while after the collapse of that particular bubble, but I think sufficient time has passed that people realize that TMNT and Cerebus were class acts that shouldn't be lumped together with some of the horrible [!@#%^&^] that got churned out in the mid-80s. It appears something similar is happening with Valiants, although I'm still not sure that justifies some of the prices being paid right now. But hey, whatever floats the buyer's boat.