• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FULL SET REQUESTS - NEW SETS

420 posts in this topic

There was a request to re-create the Wolverine Volume 4. It included:

"1 through 20 including all variants. It should be called Wolverine Volume 4

There was one just like this, for those Volume 4 books that included the very rare dead pool variant and that we collected specifically for that run.

The set now has thrown in all the 2010 Wolverine 300 to 317 & 1000 that has no bearing on this set and is hurting us from completing this run."

***I want to make sure that this is completed as requested, I have it on my list of "re-create sets, but I see that it is done,so I must have done it and not crossed it off. I don't want it to get skipped, so if this is not correct the way it is, PLEASE PM me updated information!

Thanks,

Nicole

My understanding was that volume 4 includes issues 1-20 and issues 300 to 317 & 1000. All of these issue are part of the same set and shouldn't be separated. I'll let others comment and correct me if I'm wrong.

K.

If this helps here is what I would like to request!

Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man - Add the following Variants

#1 Variant Edition The Other "Spider Octopus" Cover

#2 Variant Edition The Other "Bag Man" Cover

#3 Variant Edition The Other "Cosmic Spider" Cover

#4 Variant Edition The Other "Peter Octopus" Cover

#17 2nd Printing Variant

#24 Variant Edition One More Day "Mary Jane" Cover

Spider-Man Unlimited (Vol. 1)

1-22 no variants

Spider-Man Unlimited (Vol.2 )

½ Wizard Edition

1-5 Based on Fox TV Cartoon Series

Spider-Man Unlimited (Vol. 3)

1-15 no variants

thanks

Nicole,

Please create a set for "Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season Ten (2014)".

Full disclosure: There is only one issue graded at this time, but I expect there will be more before this request makes it to the top of the list! If not, please feel free to lightly slap my wrist for not following the rules!

regards

A

There's been a lot of discussion recently about the Superman (Doomsday Death Funeral Return) set regarding reprints, trades, etc. It's a bloated set to be sure. I propose the following: leave the existing set as is, with all the reprints, collector's eds., trades, whatever, but create an additional set, below. I welcome your points of view on this:

Proposed set: Superman (Doomsday Death Funeral Return) First Edition Collection

Contents:

Action Comics 683-692

Adventures of Superman 496-505

Green Lantern (v.3) 46

Justice League of America 69-71

Superman (v. 2) 73-83

Superman: The Legacy of Superman 1

Superman: The Man of Steel 17-26

First Printings only, no trades, no reprints. Collector's editions or Platinum editions would also be excluded. A pure single issue first edition set with 46 total issues.

Thanks.

#17 2nd Printing Variant

1-22 no variants

½ Wizard Edition

1-15 no variants

thanks

Set expansions go in the other thread, however, those are already in that set...

http://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/SetScoreDetail.aspx?SetTypeID=1173

Is the second part of your post set requests? I just want to clarify.

Thanks,

Nicole

There's been a lot of discussion recently about the Superman (Doomsday Death Funeral Return) set regarding reprints, trades, etc. It's a bloated set to be sure. I propose the following: leave the existing set as is, with all the reprints, collector's eds., trades, whatever, but create an additional set, below. I welcome your points of view on this:

Contents:

Action Comics 683-692

Green Lantern (v.3) 46

Superman (v. 2) 73-83

First Printings only, no trades, no reprints. Collector's editions or Platinum editions would also be excluded. A pure single issue first edition set with 46 total issues.

Thanks.

I don't really see the need for a "First Printings Only" set. Everything listed here is already included in the existing set so to create a second, smaller subset just for them seems redundant. 2c

I hope this is the right place to post this. I would like to see a set for the "Flashback" reprints by Alan Light, 1973~74. These included reprints of young allies #1, captain america #2, all-select #1, and lots of other GA books.

Contents:

Action Comics 683-692

Green Lantern (v.3) 46

Superman (v. 2) 73-83

Thanks.

I don't really see the need for a "First Printings Only" set. Everything listed here is already included in the existing set so to create a second, smaller subset just for them seems redundant. 2c

I think the requested Superman (Doomsday Death Funeral Return) First Edition Collection is a fair request and I approve. This smaller set would also be easier to complete, making this a much more inviting set to those who are only going for the first prints.

Contents:

Action Comics 683-692

Green Lantern (v.3) 46

Superman (v. 2) 73-83

Thanks.

Redundant, yes, but such redundancies are all over the Registry. There are many many such "subset" sets already in existence throughout the Registry. Jim Lee Superman is a separate set that is already wholly in the Superman set, for one example. Every comic in the Superman Death and Return set is also already elsewhere in other sets as well. "Need" isn't really ever an issue for any of this -- it's "want," isn't it? What harm would it do? For people who do not collect second, third, fourth, fifth printings; collector's, trades, poly-bagged, variant, platinum editions, etc. etc., a first editions set seems like a good idea. Plus, I think a First Editions set of any title is a legit collecting category. Some strive for comprehensiveness, others for firsts. Both deserve a set to feature their collections. A "Firsts only" collector CAN put their stuff in the existing set, it's true, but it gets lost amidst all the reprints.

In the final analysis, I just don't see how adding another set that some collectors can enjoy is a bad thing. That's what this site is all about, isn't it?

That's my take, but I'll defer to the majority.

Originally Posted By: garybob1

#17 2nd Printing Variant

1-22 no variants

½ Wizard Edition

1-15 no variants

thanks

Set expansions go in the other thread, however, those are already in that set...

http://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/SetScoreDetail.aspx?SetTypeID=1173

Thanks,

Nicole

The Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man - Variants are not shown and they do not work properly? I can put a variant in as a regular spot and I don't get the correct points for the variant comic book either!

Yes the Spider-man Unlimited is a set request!

Contents:

Action Comics 683-692

Green Lantern (v.3) 46

Superman (v. 2) 73-83

Thanks.

Redundant, yes, but such redundancies are all over the Registry. There are many many such "subset" sets already in existence throughout the Registry. Jim Lee Superman is a separate set that is already wholly in the Superman set, for one example. Every comic in the Superman Death and Return set is also already elsewhere in other sets as well. "Need" isn't really ever an issue for any of this -- it's "want," isn't it? What harm would it do? For people who do not collect second, third, fourth, fifth printings; collector's, trades, poly-bagged, variant, platinum editions, etc. etc., a first editions set seems like a good idea. Plus, I think a First Editions set of any title is a legit collecting category. Some strive for comprehensiveness, others for firsts. Both deserve a set to feature their collections. A "Firsts only" collector CAN put their stuff in the existing set, it's true, but it gets lost amidst all the reprints.

In the final analysis, I just don't see how adding another set that some collectors can enjoy is a bad thing. That's what this site is all about, isn't it?

That's my take, but I'll defer to the majority.

I don't think it's a bad or harmful thing, just kind of pointless other than making a set easier to complete. I realize a lot of books show up in multiple sets, but the others sets have something different that ties them all together (author, story arc, etc.) I don't really care either way. If a new set pops up I'll include all my books in that one as well. Just throwing my two cents in.

Hi Gemma,

thank you for adding the Battle Ground set!!

Could you please add the following Atlas war titles, I already ask but I don't see them in the list on page 1 of this thread. So please allow me to ask again.

Battle 1 to 70

Battle Action 1 to 30

Battlefield 1 to 11

Marines in Battle 1 to 25

War Comics 1 to 49

Thanks a lot!!!

Mike

Originally Posted By: garybob1

#17 2nd Printing Variant

1-22 no variants

½ Wizard Edition

1-15 no variants

thanks

Thanks,

Nicole

The Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man - Variants are not shown and they do not work properly? I can put a variant in as a regular spot and I don't get the correct points for the variant comic book either!

Yes the Spider-man Unlimited is a set request!

1.Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man

The variants are listed in the slot with the original set. Are you requesting a set that has the variants separately? Or, a new set with variants separate?

2. This has been added to the list:

1-22 no variants

½ Wizard Edition

1-15 no variants

3. Spider-Man Unlimited is added to the list, hopefully it is not a duplicate.

Thanks,

Nicole

Hi Gemma, is there a way you can add Batman/Superman to the registry & also Jim Lee cover sets.

You will need to come up with a DETAILED Jim Lee Cover List, this set has been requested, but I have yet to receive a list.

New Set Request: Superman Mini-Series Collection

Rationale: There have been a number of excellent Superman miniseries published over the years. Some of them are in the Registry as solo sets, but most by far are not. I propose a set to collect all of the miniseries under one umbrella. For purposes of this set, a miniseries will be defined as having a complete run of less than a year; that is, less than 12 issues (accordingly, All-Star Superman and several others with a 12-issue run -- all of which are already in the Registry as sets of their own anyway -- are not included here). Superman collectors will now have a spot to showcase their Superman short series holdings together.

Set List, alphabetical:

Batman/Superman/Wonder Woman: Trinity (2003) 1-3 (3 issues)

Final Crisis: Superman Beyond 1-2 (2 issues)

Legends of the World's Finest 1-3 (3 issues)

Lois Lane (1986) 1-2 (2 issues)

Superman for All Seasons 1-4 (4 issues)

Superman Returns: Prequel 1-4 (4 issues)

Superman vs. Aliens 1-3 (3 issues)

Superman vs. Aliens 2: God War 1-4 (4 issues)

Superman vs. Predator 1-3 (3 issues)

Superman vs. the Terminator: Death to the Future 1-4 (4 issues)

Superman/Doomsday: Hunter/Prey 1-3 (3 issues)

Superman/Madman: Hullabaloo! 1-3 (3 issues)

Superman/Shazam: First Thunder 1-4 (4 issues)

Superman/Supergirl: Maelstrom 1-5 (5 issues)

Superman/Tarzan: Sons of the Jungle 1-3 (3 issues)

Superman/Wonder Woman: Whom Gods Destroy 1-4 (4 issues)

Superman: Last Son of Earth 1-2 (2 issues)

Superman: Last Stand on New Krypton 1-3 (3 issues)

Superman: Red Son 1-3 (3 issues)

Superman: Secret Identity 1-4 (4 issues)

Superman: Secret Origin 1-6 (6 issues)

Superman: Strength 1-3 (3 issues)

Superman: The Dark Side 1-3 (3 issues)

Superman: The Doomsday Wars 1-3 (3 issues)

Superman: The Kansas Sighting 1-2 (2 issues)

Superman: The Last Family of Krypton 1-3 (3 issues)

Superman: The Secret Years 1-4 (4 issues)

Superman: War of the Supermen 0-4 (5 issues)

Superman’s Nemesis: Lex Luthor 1-4 (4 issues)

The Man of Steel 1-6 (6 issues)

The Phantom Zone 1-4 (4 issues)

The World of Krypton (vol. 1, 1979) 1-3 (3 issues)

The World of Krypton (vol. 2, 1987) 1-4 (4 issues)

The World of Metropolis 1-4 (4 issues)

The World of Smallville 1-4 (4 issues)

World’s Finest (1990) 1-3 (3 issues)

World’s Finest (2009) 1-4 (4 issues)

131 total issues

Thanks very much!