• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Comic Form

7 posts in this topic

Hi All!

I am an amateur comic seller on ebay and wanted to get the astute board members to critique my ebay listing system. Because of the enormous amount of time that can be invested in one ebay listing, I consolidated this process by creating an online form for my grading. I fill the form out on my website and it outputs a preset html page with links to the corresponding images for whatever comic I am posting. I was hoping the board members could give opinions on what they think of the grading system? What descriptions should be more lengthy? What descriptions are unneeded? Did I miss anything as far as grading goes? What do you like? What don't you like? Would you buy from me based on this form? etc, etc. Thanks in advance, I look forward to the replies. Here is a link below to my current ebay auctions; each of these has been created with this previously mentioned form.

Auctions created with grading form.

I think it's a good start to identifying flaws on a book in a readable format. However on this auction I think you miss quite a bit in your description.

Under spine you make no mention how many apparent spine stresses.

Under covers you make no mention of the foxing on the back cover.

you should also have a section for restoration, where you would mention either no restoration, or list any detectable restoration,.

Good form! thumbsup2.gif

Looks pretty good to me -- if anything there's information overkill. The big

scans are much appreciated and probably more important than the text.

One critique - you don't mention if you have a refund policy. I won't buy a book

on ebay unless I know I can return it, no questions asked. So your auction would

force me to send email to you and ask what your policy is. Better to mention

this as part of your listing.

gozer

-----------------------------

OK, let's make a pact. This is going to be the best vacation ever, or we'll all

agree to disband and join other families.