• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Will Hank Pym beat his wife in the Ant Man movie?

Will Hank Pym abuse any women in the upcomng Ant Man movie?  

210 members have voted

1. 1. Will Hank Pym abuse any women in the upcomng Ant Man movie?

38 posts in this topic

I had a faint recollection of Hank Pym being a giant (or small?) individual_without_enough_empathy, so I looked it up and found this panel.

hank_pym_slap.jpg

Do you think Ant Man will struggle with this in his movie?

I'm leaning towards 'no' since it'd be hard to market a guy who abuses women, but it would be realistic to have heroes with anger management / abuse problems.

I thought it was going to focus on Scott Lang.

This is what happens when you don't keep up with Marvel continuity. :facepalm:

Edit: I'm saying you're right! I didn't know there was more than one Ant Man. lol

I have a hard enough time keeping up with Comics General

As soon as I wrote it, I knew that wasn't going to be clear. I meant that I was wrong. I didn't realize Hank Pym wasn't Ant-Man any longer. :o

As soon as I wrote it, I knew that wasn't going to be clear. I meant that I was wrong. I didn't realize Hank Pym wasn't Ant-Man any longer. :o

IMDB says it's going to be Hank Pym. My guess is they're not going to show him beating up his wife. That wouldn't play very well in a superhero film.

It's a disney movie...

That means that someone else beats his mother to death and then he is reconnected with his family through the overcoming of intense hardship and perseverance of character.

In most Disney films the protagonist is an orphan or comes from a single parent home.

I hope it focuses on Scott Hall :wishluck:

eh... so many inappropriate responses, so many different ways to get a strike by any real comment I make regarding SH.

I had a faint recollection of Hank Pym being a giant (or small?) individual_without_enough_empathy, so I looked it up and found this panel.

hank_pym_slap.jpg

I'm leaning towards 'no' since it'd be hard to market a guy who abuses women, but it would be realistic to have heroes with anger management / abuse problems.

The worst part of this scene is that Jan was trying to "loosen" him up with a little lovin'. And he was so obsessed that he didn't care. He is one of my favorite Avengers characters, but I never understood his love of the lab instead of his hot wife. doh!

hank_pym_slap.jpg

The worst part of this scene is that Jan was trying to "loosen" him up with a little lovin'. And he was so obsessed that he didn't care. He is one of my favorite Avengers characters, but I never understood his love of the lab instead of his hot wife. doh!

He's a weirdo.

I hope it focuses on Scott Hall :wishluck:

You're all wrong! It will focus on Lang and Pym!

SHH!: I think it's interesting that the Ant-Man you knew and grew up with was the Scott Lang one, since most people I would think know the one who hung with the Wasp in "Tales to Astonish."

Wright: Well, the thing is that what we want to do, the idea that we have for the adaptation is to actually involve both. Is to have a film that basically is about Henry Pym and Scott Lang, so you actually do a prologue where you see Pym as Ant-Man in action in the 60's, in sort of "Tales to Astonish" mode basically, and then the contemporary, sort of flash-forward, is Scott Lang's story, and how he comes to acquire the suit, how he crosses paths with Henry Pym, and then, in an interesting sort of Machiavellian way, teams up with him. So it's like an interesting thing, like the "Marvel Premiere" one that I read which is Scott Lang's origin, it's very brief like a lot of those origin comics are, and in a way, the details that are skipped through in the panels and the kind of thing we'd spend half an hour on.

http://www.superherohype.com/features/articles/91587-exclusive-edgar-wright-talks-ant-man

Why do you think TTA 27 and MP47 have been going through the roof the last six months? Speculators!