• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I Miss Michael (Zeck, that is)

83 posts in this topic

I used to own a Hulk sketch that was done in a similar timeframe. Oddly enough, he also had four toes! Must have been intentional! Did he have four toes in the early Kirby/Ditko stories?

Zeck_Hulk_zps96d367c4.jpg

I always thought that Zeck's early Hulk had a very Wrightson-esque feel to it.

Yes, Grant and Zeck did Damned back in 1997 and it was originally published by Image. Didn't get a lot of attention although it was actually very well done. Reminiscent of the 1st issue of the Punisher LS with the prison scenes. Would make a great movie and worth the read if you didn't read it yet.

Mike did the covers on the computer - reminded me a bit of the sirbrush technique that he used to do with Zimelman. Not sure if Mike is doing a new cover for this printing or if they will reuse the one they developed when they issued the original TPB through Cyberosia.

Brings up a good point. How the hell did they color that Punisher #1 back in the days? If it was made today I'd say they used digital art and coloring but surely not in the early 80's. hm

With a real airbrush.

Brings up a good point. How the hell did they color that Punisher #1 back in the days? If it was made today I'd say they used digital art and coloring but surely not in the early 80's. hm

With a real airbrush.

:o

hehe. just kidding. I should have known but it's still pretty sweet work to have been done with an airbrush!