• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is USPS priority mail no longer two to three days?

45 posts in this topic

Anyone experiencing delays with Priority Mail? I sent a package from NYC via Priority Mail to NC on Saturday, 3/23; it was dispatched to the sort facility in NY and left NY on 3/24. It didn't arrive in Fayetteville, NC until today, 3/26 at 6 pm. Presumably it'll get to my buyer tomorrow, 3/27 assuming the postal workers there dont decide to use my package as a soccer ball. So now Priority Mail takes 4 days to arrive from one destination to the other even though they're on the same coast and just several hundred miles apart?

A few weeks ago, I sent a package to CO from NY via Priority and it took 5 days.

and poofage has been administered with extreme prejudice - by the Mods amongst us. :sorry:

and poofage has been administered with extreme prejudice - by the Mods amongst us. :sorry:

You're on a roll tonight pops.

Et tu, Brute?

Anyone experiencing delays with Priority Mail? I sent a package from NYC via Priority Mail to NC on Saturday, 3/23; it was dispatched to the sort facility in NY and left NY on 3/24. It didn't arrive in Fayetteville, NC until today, 3/26 at 6 pm. Presumably it'll get to my buyer tomorrow, 3/27 assuming the postal workers there dont decide to use my package as a soccer ball. So now Priority Mail takes 4 days to arrive from one destination to the other even though they're on the same coast and just several hundred miles apart?

A few weeks ago, I sent a package to CO from NY via Priority and it took 5 days.

If you love off the grid a bit then the 2-3 rule does not apply. From where I live Priority Mail takes anywhere from 4-10 days.

Looks like normal Saturday deliveries are safe (for now) despite pleas from the USPS itself that they need to stop 1st-class door-to-door deliveries, due to Congressional interference.

Details here: http://healdsburg.patch.com/articles/congress-to-post-office-you-cant-cancel-saturday-deliveries-54674517

-slym

Also with no Saturday delivery that's an extra day now if a package is mailed late in the week.

Had the plan gone through, only 1st-class (and Media Mail) would have been affected.

Alas, Congress is wasting money, as the USPS itself cried for this change. My above has a link with details.

-slym

Hopefully we can save Saturday delivery.

The USPS itself doesn't want it. One day of inconvenience is better than tax dollars being wasted. And as noted in my above posts, if you were worried about package deliveries, there was no need to worry in the first place.

-slym

Yup, big time. For the last month or two both Priority and First Class have been taking way longer than normal. I was considering posting the same question. It’s been a while since either took 2-3 days. 5-6 seems to be more the norm, whether shipped to a large metropolitan area or not. A result of the sequester?

Yup, big time. For the last month or two both Priority and First Class have been taking way longer than normal. I was considering posting the same question. It’s been a while since either took 2-3 days. 5-6 seems to be more the norm, whether shipped to a large metropolitan area or not. A result of the sequester?

That's what I'm hearing. USPS workers are believed to be now taking their sweet ol' time moving things along from point A to B because of sequestration. Government workers slacking off? Nahhhh...

Hopefully we can save Saturday delivery.

The USPS itself doesn't want it. One day of inconvenience is better than tax dollars being wasted. And as noted in my above posts, if you were worried about package deliveries, there was no need to worry in the first place.

The USPS isn't funded by tax dollars.