• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Original Art Prints/Fakes?

3 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, I recently acquired a Original Art page in a comic collection and while researching it. I noticed that the piece was trying to be sold a couple months ago on eBay but seems to have been pulled as no longer available. The one on eBay was same overall size but does not have the same details as mine, color pencil markings showing areas to be fixed etc. Are there a lot of faked or printed art pages out there or is the same page generally printed again with errors fixed? Has anyone seen similar things like this?

Yes, there a lots of fake stats and transparencies, but in terms off actual original inked pages not so many. There are inked over copies but I personally haven't see any that claim to be authentic

What he said, there are alot of "production art" that are just new photocopies on transparency, but very few faked inked published pages (but there have been). Since you already have it, do you mind providing a link to the ebay auction that you say was pulled?

Malvin