• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Twin Cities (Urbana/ Champiagn) Comic Book Convention April 7

7 posts in this topic

The Champaign Urbana Comic Book Convention will be held Sunday April 7 at the Eastland Suites Urbana 1907 N. Cunningham Ave. Urbana, il (I-74 exit 184) Open to the public from 10 AM to 4 PM Free Admission Plus you get something cool free when you sign up for our mailing list! For info contact Alan @ (309) 657-1599 or vist http://www.epguides.com/comics

I will not be selling at this show as it conflicts with Planet Con. Maybe next time.

adm22 is the promoter of this and several other good 1 day shows across the mid-west of which a few of them I sell at. He comes on here every couple months and will list these shows at one time. He will list them on the calendar as per the rules.

He does not list them 1 year or more ahead of time or before the current show has even taken place as I have seen with some event threads. This to me would be too early.

It seems to irritate some board members that this is done at one time but again no rules are broken. Just let nature take its course and within a few days they will drift off the first page into oblivion and not ever be seen again. Let the promoter have his 15 minutes and all is good. If it seems necessary for someone to bump numerous events just for the sake of bumping to expedite page 2 oblivion I'm sure I can bump them back to page 1.

RedDwarf666222:

Earl of Leon's Comics who used to set up at several shows in the area, but is now confining himself to the one in the Twin Cities recently opened up a Comic Shop in Savoy just south of Champiagn on Rt 45. I do not know exactly where. He was at this show romoting his shop- he had not yet started selling new comics and was mainly doing back issues as of earlier this month. He does bring a nice selection of older books to the shows.

Thawk:

There is a convention in the Minneapolis- St. Paul suburb of Mounds View four times a year. The next two will be on 9 Jun and 15 Sep.