• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

South Bend comic Book Convention May 18

5 posts in this topic

The South Bend Comic Book Convention will be held Saturday May 18 at the Comfort Suites 52933 US 933 in South Bend, IN (the corner of Cleveland and US 31) just north of the Indiana Tollway (I-80 / I-90) @ exit 77. Open to the public from 10AM to 4 PM Admission is FREE! Plus you get something cool free when you sign up for our mailing list! For info contact Alan @ (309) 657-1599 or visit http://www.epguides.com/comics

adm22 is the promoter of this and several other good 1 day shows across the mid-west of which a few of them I sell at. He comes on here every couple months and will list these shows at one time. He will list them on the calendar as per the rules.

He does not list them 1 year or more ahead of time or before the current show has even taken place as I have seen with some event threads. This to me would be too early.

It seems to irritate some board members that this is done at one time but again no rules are broken. Just let nature take its course and within a few days they will drift off the first page into oblivion and not ever be seen again. Let the promoter have his 15 minutes and all is good. If it seems necessary for someone to bump numerous events just for the sake of bumping to expedite page 2 oblivion I'm sure I can bump them back to page 1.

I have the expecatation that people who post here are here for more than just pub. That they are here to foster a sense of community and to add to that community here.

There is nothing wrong by the rules that he is doing. I would love to hear his perspective on, we'll,,, anything to be honest.

I'll refrain from posting this in every thread of his though.

I do not sign on here frequently as it does not work properly with my web browser and have to use a different one that is rather slow and I do not like to access it.

There are several people on here that I know come to the events I run both as dealers and as customers. A few years back a former customer (he moved to OK) suggested I mention events I run on the boards here. Which I try to do and list events a month or two before they happen. Since many of them occur several times a year I do not post all of them in a given city at one time since I figure people will be more interested in an event n their area that is happening next month as opposed to 4 months from now.

The events I run are what they are small one day events, that are free to get into. If you are looking to, pay big bucks to get in, pay for parking, get autographs in person or find a room full of "big name dealers" you will be disappointed. For the most part these are run in places that a big con would fail. The fans who come to these come to buy stuff. I do try and get a nice selection of dealers who do not all bring the same type of material- not all silver age comics and not all 50c comics. To do so would make the dealers and some of the customers leaving unhappy. Also since they are free to get into I have discovered that it is much more likely that someone who has found old comics lying around will come in and try to sell them to the dealers. Over the years a fair number of nice collections have come in.

I am a dealer myself. However I deal mostly in cheaper comics. Most of my customers buy 50 comics for $20. These are not the type of comics that seem to garner the most attention on this forum- whihc is why I am not a contributor to other areas.