• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Movie Bus Posters! Man of Steel!!!!

52 posts in this topic

Any other posters?

Any chance of Batman?

Unfortunately I sold all of the Batman (Dark Knight Rises) when the movie came out. I usually receive them when movies come out. If there is a specific movie that is out and you may want that poster let me know and I'll try my best to get one.

They really were! I was originally going to do 3 separate posters on that wall and aim the lights at each one until I stumbled across this thread :cool:

I really wish the overhead lights were on a different switch than those spotlights. hm future project added to the list.

Got my Amazing Spider-Man poster in. This thing is awesome! A couple of sheets of hardboard and a some moulding and my game/comic room has a new centerpiece :banana:

IMG_0538_zpsf37b403b.jpg

IMG_0540_zpse790982f.jpg

Looks great, if you don't mind me asking what's a Frame that large run about ?

I dont think he framed it. From his post, i think he just put some moulding up around it. Framing something THAT big would DEFINITELY be pricey!!! The moulding probably cost less than $10 at Home Depot. Very, very, VERY smart and looks great! (worship)

Thanks sufunk!

You are correct on the moulding, inexpensive Home Depot stuff. I had another member ask me what I used so I'll just post my response here in case anyone else is curious:

I got my materials at Home Depot.

2 pieces of 1/8" 4'x8' tempered hardboard $8.48 each

http://www.homedepot.com/p/1-8-in-4-ft-x-8-Ft-Tempered-Hardboard-832777/202046928#.UgGSsG16RBk

4 pieces of 1 1/8" x8' polymer cap moulding $2.97 each

http://www.homedepot.com/p/8-ft-x-1-1-8-...58#.UgGTp216RBk

You about have to have 2 people to get it onto that hardboard without getting air bubbles. I left about an inch of hardboard exposed around the poster for the trim to go on. I worked from the inside out making sure on the one side to leave just enough overhang to cover up the white strip where the two pieces meet up. I put the poster on the backerboard first and then trimmed the excess off with a multi-master, scoring and snapping didn't work too well. I just used drywall screws and screwed directly in the wall on the exposed outer edges and then put the trim on with a finishing nailer.

Also, I forgot to add: to finish out the trim I took pre-mixed drywall joint compound to fill in the holes from the finishing nails and on the corners where the trim meets up. Usually I'd paint the trim again to make it look "perfect" but I thought it looked good enough without it so I didn't bother with that.