• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Artist to CGC?

6 posts in this topic

So here's my question, looking for some help.

I recently heard back from an artist whom I want to commission for a blank cover. Will CGC accept the submission under SS if the artist submits my submission form with the comic?

I'm not sure what the arrangement is with CGC but his rep said I should send my CGC submission paperwork with my commission request and they would submit it to CGC. Would this work?

CGC will SS books received directly from the artist with the CGC paperwork but there are a number of requirements like a minimum number of books.

You can call CGC and get the details. If the rep has worked with CGC SS before, then they know what the rules are.

CGC will SS books received directly from the artist with the CGC paperwork but there are a number of requirements like a minimum number of books.

You can call CGC and get the details. If the rep has worked with CGC SS before, then they know what the rules are.

It does not seem that the rep knows, this is what he wrote me

"As I understand it CGC would have to receive the books directly from ARTIST, not the buyer. (Though he has not sent any to this point.) So you would have to complete whatever paperwork they would require and then send it to ARTIST."

Waiting on CGC response

"As I understand it CGC would have to receive the books directly from ARTIST, not the buyer. (Though he has not sent any to this point.) So you would have to complete whatever paperwork they would require and then send it to ARTIST."

Waiting on CGC response

You would need 10 books to get a mail away, most likely. Your best bet is to have your creator bring the book to a convention that a CGC witness attends and get it submitted there.

Waiting on CGC response

You would need 10 books to get a mail away, most likely. Your best bet is to have your creator bring the book to a convention that a CGC witness attends and get it submitted there.

see bold.

This is the best way to do it. I submitted 7 sketches at MegaCon and had no issues. Especially if they are only doing a sketch for you and no one else.