• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GI Joe Retalliation Reviews

85 posts in this topic

I saw it this past weekend in 3D...

I thought the new characters could have used a little more back story so people could really understand or care where they are coming from. There are little snapshot photos of the Joe's hanging out and stuff during the end credits and I thought those scenes (like Flint & Duke hanging out) would have been great in the film and would have added a lot.

And they should have had Larry Hama do a cameo like Stan Lee does in all the Marvel films. (thumbs u

I was surprised by the events in the first 15 minutes - wasn't expecting that. Overall I thought it was ok. I wasn't expecting much and thought the first one was pretty good. Sitting throughout the new one it felt like something was missing - couldn't put my finger on it. At the end it just felt really neutral to me - I couldn't decide if I'd recommend it or not. Still haven't been able to pinpoint what felt off about it.

Got some friends together and just got back from seeing this movie.

I enjoyed myself and my friends that don't know much about Joe liked it as well.

Only issue I had was some of the fight scenes in the corridors which the camera seemed to move a lot but overall thought it was good movie.

Love the new look of Cobra Commander. While close to the original comic style it was very fitting.

Snake Eyes new head piece was excellent as well compared to the first movie.

Something I also noticed from going from the first movie to the second was how the storyline was being fixed. For example how Zartan is still the original assassin of the Hard Master which ties in with the original comic story.

The HISS tanks where bad as well.

Overall I enjoyed this movie.

Looking forward to the third movie.

:)

I was surprised but I enjoyed the movie was well. The fight scenes were pretty good, the story wasn't terrible and the character protrayals weren't bad either. The Cobra HISS tanks were awesome too. Overall, not a bad way to spend 2 hours of a weekend, and I'm still surprised I said that. lol

I am very surprised this only got 28% rating at Rotten Tomatoes, and did worse box office than Rise of Cobra. hm

The Rock alone made this a better movie then the first one.

I guess there are way more Transformer fans than GI Joe. (shrug)

You could tell by what they did in the movie they wanted to make us all forget the 1st movie ever really happened by eliminating most of the past actors.

I thought it was entertaining, but I am not sure if I ever need to watch it again.

I was happy that it felt more like the cartoon with the vehicles and costumes, but the lack of Cobra Commander in the movie kinda annoyed me.

I still would rather watch Iron Man 2 again over this movie. :ohnoez: