• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WonderCon - Are people going?

43 posts in this topic

Wondercon is much closer to my home in Los Angeles, but I much preferred it when it was in San Francisco. Parking is a nightmare, and it takes forever to get from the parking lot to the hall. Also, other than Disneyland, there's not much to do around the hall. I may try to make it down for a day, but it also takes place during my kids' spring break.

One of the things I've noted lately is that if you ask dealers if they have OA they often have a binder or two with some art in it, heroes comics and terrys comics both brought art too a convention I went to in Orange County ....but you had to ask.

A number of you were interested in a dinner friday night. Email or IM me if you are still interested. I want to get a count together to see how many and I can look for a place to make reservations.

Whats the best Con for Golden Age OA?

My advice is worth what you pay for it, but I'd start here:

• San Diego Comic Con
    • Hard to get tickets, harder to get hotel rooms, but lots of OA

[*]New York Comic Con

• Nearly as large as SDCC, but easier to attend with many OA Dealers

[*]Comic Art Con

• One day for twice a year, nothing but OA with most of the big dealers. Very much worth the effort.

[*]Heroes Con

• Low key, family oriented, crowded, but not overwhelming with a good OA selection most years

Didn't make the Wonder Con but was glad to hear that Saul was there! I thought he disappeared after he left the east coast and I miss seeing him at the New York and Philly Cons. He never updates his site anymore! I thought he was thru with dealing art.

How is he? Does he have any new art? Does anybody know of his future plans?

I always found him fair and entertaining to deal with.