• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Metropolis Purchases Showcase 4 CGC 9.4

61 posts in this topic

Okay, so if it sold for a buttload on Ebay over the summer... (did it ever sell? I don't remember.) Then presumably you paid an even BIGGER buttload (like a Greggy's butt-sized buttload)... and I'm assuming that means you think you're going to sell it for an even BIGGER buttload?? (Like a Bug-sized buttload???)

Man, I can't wait to bust out my hoarded uncirculated copies of Showcase #4...

You have a hoard of NM Showcase #4s too? shocked.gif My friend's grandmother has an entire distributors case in her basement, but she doesn't know anything about comics so she asked him to ask me to sell them for her. I'll probably be listing them on Ebay soon under an anonymous account and starting bid will only be $1 each. It will be a private auction to protect the identity of the bidders.

P.S. Metropolis, are you going to do another market update on your website??

SWEET BOOK! cool.gif Congratulations! smile.gif That would look great displayed in a comic book museum. wink.gif I know you don't have immediate plans to sell, but what if Jay nags you night and day? Are you sure your not gonna sell to Jay P. when he pulls out his fat wallet?

BTW - Although the article is well written and the photo is sharp, I would have appreciated a larger (Heritage-like) scan. I'm always interested in looking at these rare gems, the bigger the scan the better.

Metropolis,

Congratulations on a simply stunning book.

Hammer,

Are you implying that it appears trimmed?

That thought went through my mind but:

A) I don't know enough about DC's from that era to make a knowledgeable assessment

B) the scan is too small to tell

C) I'm far from being an expert on trimming or other forms of resto.

Any comment hammer? I assume that on this exquisite and valuable a book the resto check would have been very thorough but I suppose expert trimming can be hard to detect on any book.

Are you implying that it appears trimmed?

My hunch is the scan was put together from 2 scans, one for the body of the book and a second to include the label. Then the scans were stitched together. If you look at the top right corner it looks like there is about a 1 inch or so area that is "chopped of straight" (looks indented)...but if you look at the holder, the same area of the holder is indented to reflect this same area.

If you actually read the article on their site it says it's not for sale.

Hey Oldguy, everything has a price. Change your Depends.

Now please don't follow this up with how you would never sell your grandchildren or your old wooden teeth or something ridiculous like that.