• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ROUND 2 : Contest

107 posts in this topic

27_laughing.gif

Let me just say, if you get beaten by Beyonder's team at the end of the competition then you really suck flamed.gif

mad.gif

#1 - It's "Team The_Beyonder."

#2 - It's all MY fault, so smile when you say that!

#3 - I got this box of Lucky Charms the other day and the WHOLE THING is marshmallows. It's so strange... I mean, there's a FEW of the crunchy things, but it's mostly marshmallows.

#4 - boo.gif

#1 - It doesn't matter what the team name is, you suck anyway! tongue.gif

#2 - Maybe it should be 'Team KHAOS'...it just seems to work. insane.gif

#3 - I have never even seen Lucky Charms in England crazy.gif

#4 - cloud9.gif

#1 - We are the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked! AND DON'T YOU FORGET IT!

#2 - We're planning on revamping (and thus reinvigorating) our team halfway through the competition by renaming ourselves "Young Team The_Beyonder", or perhaps, "Ultimate Team The_Beyonder".

#3 - There's a box on its way. If it tastes like rat poison and arsenic... um... that's how it's SUPPOSED to taste. Enjoy! angel.gif

#4 - 893frustrated.gif

#1 - Could you get more sucks in a sentence about a team that sucks because it has a sucky MAJOR ooo.gif

#2 - It sounds like a good idea, just don't use ULTIMATE crazy.gif

#3 - I am sure the 10 bags of sugar that are in it will stop the bad taste, or is that the bad taste? confused.gif

#4 - mad.gif

That's the most generous 7.0 I've ever seen given to a POS! That is one ugly book.

Well, we learned something. I apologize to my team!

Redhook

Graders Notes:

1. Small bindery tear on spine

2. Shadow right edge

3. Tanned interior covers (which brought the grade down to a 7.0)

crazy.gif

osborn_france 7.0

xsmanx 8.0

beaumonts 7.5

redhook 5.0

jimm94 7.0

Arty 7.0

DiceX 5.5

fantasyfootballbono 7.0

BILL43 7.0

sfilosa 7.0

Aces 8.0

THE_BEYONDER 7.5

sterlingcomics 8.5

comicmankev 7.0

drbanner 8.0

DARTHDIESEL 8.0

AlexH 7.5

Next time, think to check the census... No CGC 8.0

foreheadslap.gif

insane.gif

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's the most generous 7.0 I've ever seen given to a POS! That is one ugly book.

Well, we learned something. I apologize to my team!

Redhook

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Graders Notes:

1. Small bindery tear on spine

2. Shadow right edge

3. Tanned interior covers (which brought the grade down to a 7.0)

Brad:

Postives of this book

1) All the wear on the book is on the edges

2) No crease / defect is very large at all (i.e. 1/16'' or less) excluding the shadow

3) Back cover wear, unless it's some type of water damage, seems to have very little effect on the grade of a book.

4) Dust/Sun Shadows do not seem to downgrade a book much at all (seen plenty of 9.4's with shadows). And remember, a darker covered book would hide the shadow (kind of like being a little lenient on spine stress on dark cover books).

5) Many FINE books also have a lot of SURFACE WEAR that can't be seen in a scan.

Lastly, the SCAN is huge, which highlights every defect.

osborn_france 7.0

xsmanx 8.0

beaumonts 7.5

redhook 5.0

jimm94 7.0

Arty 7.0

DiceX 5.5

fantasyfootballbono 7.0

BILL43 7.0

sfilosa 7.0

Aces 8.0

THE_BEYONDER 7.5

sterlingcomics 8.5

comicmankev 7.0

drbanner 8.0

DARTHDIESEL 8.0

AlexH 7.5

Next time, think to check the census... No CGC 8.0

foreheadslap.gif

insane.gif

Sometimes new label books aren't updated in the census. gossip.gif

I thought the hideous oxidation shadows, the stains on the bottom of the back cover, the tanned inside cover, the tears at the spine corners would add up to a fatal accumulation of defects. confused-smiley-013.gif

Pretty much same here. We weren't worried about the dust shadow as much as we thought the water stains and tanning would kill it.

foreheadslap.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

Darn French...quit trying to share national secrets 893frustrated.gifgrin.gif

Team Frenchy, Team Ozzie or whatever we're called is working like a well-oiled machine. Good communication and everyone seems to be hitting it close each week so far.

Darn French...quit trying to share national secrets 893frustrated.gifgrin.gif

Team Frenchy, Team Ozzie or whatever we're called is working like a well-oiled machine. Good communication and everyone seems to be hitting it close each week so far.

bluto - it's only 2 rounds . . . gossip.gif

Yeah, I thought so too......there's a floater inside the slab in the front too.....(of course that would have come detached after grading)......it's sitting in front of the "r" in Sub-Mariner.

Yeah, I thought so too......there's a floater inside the slab in the front too.....(of course that would have come detached after grading)......it's sitting in front of the "r" in Sub-Mariner.

D'oh! We couldn't tell, and knew if it was a piece missing, the book would get killed.

IYO, is the ULC on the front cover a production defect or handling? Looks production to me. Shouldn't be a downgrade if it is, right?

Tanning would have brought it down at least one notch.