• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thread Closed

31 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone!

Have had a bad day with books and so I wanted to sell them off to hopefully forget about this mess. Just able to list one book today, I will update this post again tomorrow with price and scans of the second book (would have posted today however the book hasn't arrived yet and I don't want to list it officially until I actually have it in hand to give scans for.)

No HOS'ers or Proby Members

First :takeit: either public or private takes it. Shipping is included in the price and will be shipped via USPS priority. Paypal, Money Order, and Personal Check accepted.

First book available is Amazing Spider Man #32 CGC 8.0. I bought this as a mistake, as I had also been bidding on an 8.5 that I did not think I would win and ended up getting both... So ended up having to pay for both.

Asking for $175 shipped Sold to spiderphill

s1hkjl.jpg

28jur9v.jpg

2hnt1mc.jpg

Second Book... Some people know this story from the PGM section.

I bought an ASM 39. I was sure it was a VF-, and the dealer had it priced at a VF- and I happily bought the book. This is one of my favorite covers and I intended on keeping it as part of my personal collection so I got it double siged by Lee and Romita Sr. Sadly it took 6 months to get back (it is just now on its way to my apartment) long story there but alas... The book was graded as a 4.5.

As promised last night here are the scans. I am also including the graders notes:

Grader Notes: Top Front Cover Medium Moderate Crease Breaks Color

Right Bottom Front Cover Lite Multiple Crease Breaks Color

Left Center Front Cover Moderate Multiple Crease Breaks Color

I will be completely open on this, I paid $240 for the book when it was originally picked up because it looked like a 7.5 (and did not have these creases) plus it was an addition $195 for the signatures so I have basically $450 into this book. Sadly GPA is no where near that number so I have no right asking anything close to it. Going to ask $275 shipped for the book and just take a big loss on it. So $275 takes it home.

$250 shipped cause I need to pay a downpayment on a gorgeous grail I have wanted forever

amfkt4.jpg

znoll4.jpg

2wppm2o.jpg

Spiderphill has purchased books from me before. In my opinion, he's likely good for the buy, even if it was an unconventional way to state it. Your decision, of course, but I would give him a few more hours to respond.

Spiderphill has purchased books from me before. In my opinion, he's likely good for the buy, even if it was an unconventional way to state it. Your decision, of course, but I would give him a few more hours to respond.

+1

Thanks aelelarkin, I sent him a PM inquiring. I am sure he is good for it but want to know for sure, especially since I am leaving the country in 2 days for 10 days so would like to have things squared away with everyone before I go :)

Thanks for the vouch Steve, I was a dope on not using the sign. Didn't realize how vague gimme was. Hope I didn't cause too much confusion :tonofbricks: