• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anybody collect 'Warrior' Magazine?

28 posts in this topic

Well? Do you? sumo.gifgrin.gif

Do you have extras? I have a few holes to fill (will post 'wants' once I get home).

What numbers do you need, slappy? I have lots of Warriors, mostly the late ones.

Do these go for a decent amount in the US? Dez Skinn was selling back numbers for years after the publication dates, particularly the early ones. In fact, I thought it was the later issues that were comparatively scarce.

Nice series.

Well? Do you? sumo.gifgrin.gif

Do you have extras? I have a few holes to fill (will post 'wants' once I get home).

What numbers do you need, slappy? I have lots of Warriors, mostly the late ones.

I still have to check. I bought a few from you a while back. Didn't know you had more.

Do these go for a decent amount in the US? Dez Skinn was selling back numbers for years after the publication dates, particularly the early ones. In fact, I thought it was the later issues that were comparatively scarce.

Nice series.

Not really. I bought some a while back from the "Avalanche of Wonder" on eBay (I think that's Joe Koch). They were really nice (VF-VF/NM) and were only about $5 per issue.

It took me many years to figure out that my beloved Miracleman that I read in the 80s was a reprint of the stories in Warrior Magazine. I then searched out these issues, and it's really remarkable how much great stuff came out of there, as many of you have mentioned already. Primarily, of course, V and Miracleman.

Warrior Magazine #2 is the first cover appearance of Miracleman/Marvelman, and it's a beautiful painted cover by his co-creator Garry Leach.

This series doesn't get as much credit (or valuation) as it deserves. Is it even mentioned in Overstreet?

This series doesn't get as much credit (or valuation) as it deserves. Is it even mentioned in Overstreet?

No listing for Warrior magazine. And no mention, either. The only reference is a note in the Miracleman listing:

Miracleman

1 - r/British Marvelman series; Alan Moore scripts in #1-16

Hari - do you have any David Lloyd art from "V for Vendetta"? I've seen a few pages available thru Heritage before. I always bid, but I have not won yet. frown.gif

I see pages from V from time to time. I remember seeing one recently, but I can't remember where. If it comes to me, I'll let you know.

I think these pages are undervalued. Be proactive and bid higher on these pages, and you won't be disappointed. I'm sure they'll double in price in a year or two.

I should take my own advice, the next time I see one. I'm missing a V page myself.

Best,

I see pages from V from time to time. I remember seeing one recently, but I can't remember where. If it comes to me, I'll let you know.

I think these pages are undervalued. Be proactive and bid higher on these pages, and you won't be disappointed. I'm sure they'll double in price in a year or two.

I should take my own advice, the next time I see one. I'm missing a V page myself.

Best,

Yeah, but it's discouraging when an $800+ bid (before BP) on a panel page doesn't even come close.

In the past 2 years, I've seen 3 up for sale (all did have "V" on them though).

Hi,

Well, they are almost all panel pages... like Watchmen. And, 800 bucks will be a bargain very soon, I think. Consider the fact that average Watchmen pages are now 2-3K and rare as hens teeth!

I have no ulterior motive in posting this... I don't have a page myself yet, so if anything I'm shooting myself in the foot. But, that's OK.

I agree w/ you 100%. I think I've only ever seen 1 Watchmen page up. Swamp Thing pages go for absurd money, as do the MM pages, so it's really no surprise that the "V" pages go for bunches.

I would guess that the "Warrior" pages are the earliest Moore pieces available. Have you ever seen any pages from "Marvelman" available? Or are they always "Miracleman" pages?

Don't worry about me swiping any pages from you, Hari. You're on a level I can only dream about. smile.gif

Hi,

All the early pages I've seen have been Marvelman, from Warrior. Oversized art. I don't think Miracleman pages exist, as I think they simply used the Marvelman pages again for the reprints.

Pages go for 800 to several thousand, depending on content.

I own the cover to Warrior #2 (first MM cover), which could be considered Moore's first popular work.

All the early pages I've seen have been Marvelman, from Warrior. Oversized art. I don't think Miracleman pages exist, as I think they simply used the Marvelman pages again for the reprints.

I may be reading your response wrong (my apologies), but Miracleman pages do exist. They have to as the Warrior issues only cover up through issue #6, so issues #7 and up had to be "new". And, we've seen the cover for #15 up for auction. I wonder if (m)any of the earlier 'non-reprinted' pages were lost in the flood that damaged/destroyed Eclipse's offices??? Anybody have any info?

I own the cover to Warrior #2 (first MM cover), which could be considered Moore's first popular work.

That's fantastic! I've got to see your collection someday! cloud9.gif