• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Green + yellow = ?

49 posts in this topic

On another impulsive buy I got a green label comic (pages upside down) it's a 9.8 and thinking about getting it signed. What would CGC do? Does a authenticated signature outweigh an error? I would like a yellow label with the discription of error. Idk.

There's no such thing as a yellow/green label :makepoint:

If a qualified book gets SS'ed, it'll end up in a yellow label with the qualifying defect now affecting the grade - for a previously qualified book with a physical defect (like a missing coupon, a back cover tear, or a missing page) you're looking at a huge grade drop.

I saw the yellow purple hybrid one one their site but haven't seen the yellow/green one yet. Thanks for the input.

There is no yellow/green. The yellow label is a qualified label. The book will get a yellow label with a grade drop for whatever caused it to be in a green label.

If a qualified book gets SS'ed, it'll end up in a yellow label with the qualifying defect now affecting the grade - for a previously qualified book with a physical defect (like a missing coupon, a back cover tear, or a missing page) you're looking at a huge grade drop.

Then that's pure discrimination against green. :sick:

Then that's pure discrimination against green. :sick:

No. The yellow label is basically the same as a green label. It gives the grade of the book minus the one obvious significant flaw.

If the book is green and gets SS, the yellow is given for the signature flaw but the other flaw falls into the grade on the label.

Else they could have rainbow colored labels and every book gets graded 10.0 and the number of colors determine how low the grade "would have been" without the various flaws.

You can't have your cake and eat it too.

I saw the yellow purple hybrid one one their site but haven't seen the yellow/green one yet. Thanks for the input.

There is no yellow/green. The yellow label is a qualified label. The book will get a yellow label with a grade drop for whatever caused it to be in a green label.

How do the pages being upside down affect the grade?

I don't think it affected the grading much cause it's a 9.8 just got the green label for a

Manufacturing error. Has anyone ever seen a green label higher then 9.8?

I have no idea, but I wouldn't risk it, personally.

I don't think it affected the grading much cause it's a 9.8 just got the green label for a

It got a green label? I thought Manufacturing errors were just noted on the slab. I know I saw a book somewhere else. This seems odd to me...

The green label means the book isn't a 9.8 because of the defect. I want to know how CGC would grade a book universally with upside down pages.

You're missing the point about green labels. Books in qualified slabs are graded as if the qualifying defect doesn't exist - that's the sole reason why your book is a 9.8.

The green label means the book isn't a 9.8 because of the defect. I want to know how CGC would grade a book universally with upside down pages.

Want in one hand and mess in the other. Let me know which one gets filled up first.

Want in one hand and mess in the other. Let me know which one gets filled up first.

'Twas only a passing interest, I'm not that interested. Although I do think I want more than I could mess. And yes that's probably debatable.

On another impulsive buy I got a green label comic (pages upside down) it's a 9.8 and thinking about getting it signed. What would CGC do? Does a authenticated signature outweigh an error? I would like a yellow label with the discription of error. Idk.

Its clever how they know its the pages that are upside down, the pages might be the right way around and the cover may be upside down (:

Then the pages would have to be back to front :ohnoez:

Its clever how they know its the pages that are upside down, the pages might be the right way around and the cover may be upside down (:

:applause:

I left out the detail about the pages being upside down and BACKWARDS just to see if someone would catch that. (:)

I left out the detail about the pages being upside down and BACKWARDS just to see if someone would catch that. (:)

:acclaim:

'Twas only a passing interest, I'm not that interested. Although I do think I want more than I could mess. And yes that's probably debatable.

Nice Batman 4