• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Green + yellow = ?

49 posts in this topic

Agreed, i have always enjoyed bozzads posts. I take advantage of his knowledge. I dont collect GA but still read and post in their forum.

Just teasing him in an ironic sense, and he even replied with what i thought, and while not collecting slabs, still contributes.

Agreed, i have always enjoyed bozzads posts. I take advantage of his knowledge. I dont collect GA but still read and post in their forum.

Just teasing him in an ironic sense, and he even replied with what i thought, and while not collecting slabs, still contributes.

I should have realized it was teasing... :blush:

There's no such thing as a yellow/green label :makepoint:

If a qualified book gets SS'ed, it'll end up in a yellow label with the qualifying defect now affecting the grade - for a previously qualified book with a physical defect (like a missing coupon, a back cover tear, or a missing page) you're looking at a huge grade drop.

Well got my old green label 9.8 back this week, huge grade drop because it was signed, now it's a yellow 8.0. :tonofbricks:

I don't think this is going to happen. The way it has been explained to me by CGC, Green labels only qualify for one defect. Signature Series books are also only allowed their one "defect", which is the signature.

If a green labeled book gets signed and the defect that caused the green label in the first place can be considered into grading in order to downgrade the book, this is what will happen and what happened with your book. They graded it counting in the defect and acknowledged the signature which made it a regular SS book.

If I am not mistaken, your book would come back in a lower graded green label as the signature will affect the grade, as it will then no longer be an authenticated signature.

I have a GA book with a loose married CF, which would get a green label due to it's married cf "defect". However, I had the book signed and the comic got a yellow + purple label, although it is technically not restored. There is no green + yellow label and since a "defect" like a married cf can not be downgraded to a "universal" grade and the yellow label only counts for the signature "defect", the only option is a yellow + purple label.

IMHO I'd be happy with the yellow 8.0 ;)

How can manufacture error result in green? I have a mind the gap recall due to color issues on page 17, but still got a blue 9.8.

Heck, even wolverine 35 was graded looser once the spine issue was beaten to death. And those are blue.

It is not just any old production issue. Severe miscuts

There's a Chew #1 in a 9.8 Universal holder that's literally a rhombus. It used to belong to Forrest (Mac Man) I think.

Nice Batman 4

Would you believe me if I told you I dream about the flame-haired Adonis that sold me that book?

I've seen that book! It's interesting how some manufacturing errors are accounted for. Some are minor, some are more drastic, like a few of those Chew #1's.

Interesting how some errors positively affect a book (multiple covers), versus others that hurt grades (this guy's upside down cover/interior).

Green labels are an odd system.

If a book with an unwitnessed sig gets a 9.8, does that mean it was likely to be a 9.9 if it were actually verified??

No. The whole point of the green label is that a specific defect is ignored & doesn't affect the grade.

In your scenario above, the book would be a 9.8 no matter which label color it had.