• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fugliest Key Book You Own Appreciation Thread

74 posts in this topic

Encouraged by the Miscut thread:

Typically we collectors seek nice, pretty copies of key books, 1st apperances, etc. BUT.....what about those oh-so-unlucky books that just don't have what it takes to be sent in to our wonderful CGC Slab-o-matic House of Plastic?

What's the most beat-up, ratty, worn "key" book that you own??

Here's mine:

asm101b.jpg

Not one, but TWO!~ Every good POS deserves a mate.....

asm101a.jpg

Great thread, Rhino!

Here's my pitiful Avengers #4. The scan does not accurately depict how fragile it is. I have never tried to open it far enough to get a good look at the interior because I'm afraid that the front cover will fall apart.

When I showed my wife this book, it was the first and only time I have ever heard her refer to something as being "jacked up". 27_laughing.gif

Avengers4-fr-600sm.jpg

Great detail! hurts just to look at it....

Geez... I never realized how crummy it looked until I saw this big scan! What a rag!

Er...

Anybody wanna buy it? insane.gif

Great thread! Here is my contribution. That BSD who paid $8K for their 9.4 copy ain't got nuthin' on me - I'm gonna READ my copy tonight! (And would you believe: my other copy is at CGC...)

579182-DD7.jpg

579182-DD7.jpg.cb2ac2c2bef86a2387fa39e38d014d9c.jpg