• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

some basic restoration info

8 posts in this topic

Most likely just to fix the issues you mention, you are looking at minimum $500

For full resto up to $1000

Silver age books are not most peoples choice to restore as they are plentiful and you can just find another copy.

If I were you, I would sell the copy you had and buy a better copy with that money and the money you would have spent getting it restored.

If you have to have it restored, Classics Inc. is an option.

If it is getting worse it sounds like it's not in good storage conditions.

For the past 10 years my collection has been sitting in 2 boxes with the comics laid flat, with one on top of another. Each comic is enclosed in a bag with a backing board but l have not touched them since they were purchased.

This method of storage, might have contributed to further decline of the condition , l'm not sure. However after recently joining this forum my knowledge base has really expanded and l know for sure l need to change the way l store them in order to preserve them better.

The book mentioned isn't likely to be a great restoration candidate - but pictures would go a long way to knowing for sure

Mastercntrlprogram (Michael) who has posted up here would be the one I recommend for any restoration. His work is professional and his prices are better than just about anyone else in the business.