• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RRP issues

31 posts in this topic

Since the term RRP variant is bandied about so easily, I was wondering if all of these issues are really RRP issues.

Does anyone have a link to a source that lists every actual RRP edition given at each conference?

Thanks

I believe, and I am NOT sure about this, that there are only four "official" RRP books:

All Star 1, from the 1999 RRP in Baltimore

Batman 608

Fables 5

Global Frequency 1

the others that are called RRPs are actually Diamond Retailer variant books. Again, I'm NOT sure about this and could be wrong.

Isn't there a Supes/Batman one? confused.gif

That is the Ft. Wayne Diamond Retailer variant, which is often called an RRP, but really isn't. I know, its confusing.

And the Global Frequency 1 is the RRP that proves that not all RRPs sell. Arf arf arf.

Isn't there a Supes/Batman one? confused.gif

That is the Ft. Wayne Diamond Retailer variant, which is often called an RRP, but really isn't. I know, its confusing.

And the Global Frequency 1 is the RRP that proves that not all RRPs sell. Arf arf arf.

893frustrated.gif

That's waht I was wanting some info on.

There are the RRP (Retailer Roundtable Promotion) which are the issues given out at the Diamond conference every year.

Then there are the Retailer Incentive Variants which are the specials offered to Diamond retailers, which have nothing to do with the RRP's. Like the Astonishing X-men #4 Retailer Incentive Variant.

I think this is correct.

That's waht I was wanting some info on.

There are the RRP (Retailer Roundtable Promotion) which are the issues given out at the Diamond conference every year.

Then there are the Retailer Incentive Variants which are the specials offered to Diamond retailers, which have nothing to do with the RRP's. Like the Astonishing X-men #4 Retailer Incentive Variant.

I think this is correct.

Any idea what the print runs for the incentives are? Anyone??

There is supposed to be an RRP edition of Superman: The Wedding Album. A retailer edition certainly exists but I am not sure if it's a true RRP.

The Global Frequency and Batman RRP's are scarcer than the Fables one as the latter was (I think) given away at both the RRP meeting and the Diamond Summit meeting.

There is also a retailer edition of Teen Titans Go #1 which says special preview on the cover. I am not sure what retailer meet this was given out so I can't confirm if it was RRP (Retailer Roundtable Program) meeting.

Another early DC given away at a Retailer Meet was Robin III Cry of the Huntress #1. This edition had blank pages.

Regards Earl

All Star 1, from the 1999 RRP in Baltimore

Batman 608

Fables 5

Global Frequency 1

I can add to those with:

ASB&R #8

Battle For The Cowl #1

Blackest Night #1 ?

I don't think ASB&R sketch cover was actually an RRP, just a Retailer Incentive.

Man I am really confused now doh! can someone actually define RRP for me? I thought I knew but obviously I was wrong. (shrug)

You'll see a lot of listings on eBay as RRP, when actually they're just regular 1:10, 1:25, 1:50 or whatever variants/retailer incentives.

RRPs have 'NOT FOR SALE. FOR PROMOTIONAL USE ONLY' written where the barcode and price indicia normally is.

All Star Batman #1 is an RRP and #8.

I didn't think #1 was an RRP as it had the price and barcode on the front cover.

No, JJ is right on the money - the ASBR #1 RRP was only given out at the Baltimore and Fort Wayne Retailer Summits, one per Diamond account.

The Superman #204 sketch is not an RRP, but rather a Diamond Retailer Summit Edition (same with the Identity Crisis #1 variant).