• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

batman_fan's cracks open the warchest for the start of his major purchases (OT)

40 posts in this topic

Been brewing my own beer on and off since the mid-70's, a friend of mine makes his own wine, but I've never known a distiller.

I'd be plenty interested in a good Board scotch if you can pull it off in less than 18 years, lol

Quick update, Lots of progress, paperwork is in to federal government for permits, we have our space and permits are in for the buildout (and the construction team is banging it out fast), and my equipment arrived today ! Hoping to be making some rum by the end of May :wish luck:

We are going to have a name that has its roots in what folks on the board can identify with. Just waiting for the trademark to come back.

buildout going on its way. This is the view from the tasting room. It will have big glass windows where you can see into the distillery.

photo3.jpg

My son and I standing next to the mash tank (2000 liter or ~528 gallons).

photo1.jpg

Me and my son standing next to the disassembled still

photo2.jpg

Well, I have cut way back on my purchases for several years for a few reasons. First, comics have lost some of that "loving feeling" but even more important, I locked in on something I really wanted to add to my collection. Well today, I closed the deal on my purchase. Without further delay I present the start of my personal distillery. :banana:

exclusive_300l.jpg

Sweet set up. All the best on the venture.

Well, I have cut way back on my purchases for several years for a few reasons. First, comics have lost some of that "loving feeling" but even more important, I locked in on something I really wanted to add to my collection. Well today, I closed the deal on my purchase. Without further delay I present the start of my personal distillery. :banana:

exclusive_300l.jpg

Thanks Peter! It is becoming a reality with everything coming together.

exclusive_300l.jpg

13884303355_e50ac41a9a_o.jpg

The Breaking Bad Boys and I are ready to pitch in and help.

Is that a Coffey still? It doesn't look like a pot still that they use for single malts.

exclusive_300l.jpg

13884303355_e50ac41a9a_o.jpg

The Breaking Bad Boys and I are ready to pitch in and help.

Is that a Coffey still? It doesn't look like a pot still that they use for single malts.

your hired !

To move the thread a little more on topic, what do you think would be the favorite individual beverage of the GA characters when they take the cowl and cape off? I'm thinking that Bruce Wayne is a wine drinker, perhaps a nice burgundy. Clark Kent would likely be cracking a cold one when he gets home from a hard day at the Daily Planet(dictated by the great tradition of brewing beer in Cleveland, his actual birthplace). Blackhawk I suspect was a vodka drinker(his Polish origin before he was Americanized). I suspect Steve Rogers, though in the army, never got beyond lemonade.

Your thoughts?

Excited for you. My buddy around 6-7 years ago decided he wanted to open a craft brewery. It's been exciting to see it go from the initial stages of planning to now being one of the best craft breweries in the entire world.

Quick update, Lots of progress, paperwork is in to federal government for permits, we have our space and permits are in for the buildout (and the construction team is banging it out fast), and my equipment arrived today ! Hoping to be making some rum by the end of May :wish luck:

We are going to have a name that has its roots in what folks on the board can identify with. Just waiting for the trademark to come back.

buildout going on its way. This is the view from the tasting room. It will have big glass windows where you can see into the distillery.

photo3.jpg

My son and I standing next to the mash tank (2000 liter or ~528 gallons).

photo1.jpg

Me and my son standing next to the disassembled still

photo2.jpg

I love the last pic

The kid is on the edge of highschool, and his dad just opened a distillery

The highschool party future is looking very bright indeed.

You better believe he's giving this two thumbs up. ;)

Nice looking set up.

Good luck with things!

New update. We just closed our federal permits. I still have to get state permits but federal are the big hurdle. I should be distilling in July!

The company name is Geek Spirits. The name out front will be Geek Spirits Distillery.

New update. We just closed our federal permits. I still have to get state permits but federal are the big hurdle. I should be distilling in July!

The company name is Geek Spirits. The name out front will be Geek Spirits Distillery.

cat.png> Purrrr-fect! > smiley-eatdrink048.gif